Open Updated windows 8.1 to windows 10, skyfactory 3 is unplayable now

Terminatorskull

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem Updated windows 8.1 to windows 10, skyfactory 3 is unplayable now

Pack Version 3.0.15

What is the bug? After updating my operating system everything's been working fine... except modded minecraft (vanilla works fine). Specifically for skyfactory, when trying to load the world, it gets to 7/7 loading and gets stuck on the "texture mipmap and upload" part (has like 16,000 files).After about 20 minutes it load to the title screen, which runs at 0-1 fps, took me 2 mins 23 seconds to open the options menu. I have lowest settings possible, mipmap is turned off in settings ect. My main confusion is that this never happened in 8.1 windows, it was fine. Ever since updating its not working, all other games and applications are. Double checked my drivers, java, ram allocation ect, but i'm stumped. So my game isn't crashing per say, but runs at 1 fps and is literally unplayable. I tried installing optifine as well to no avail. If anyone knows of some settings i could change in windows to rectify this, that would be great.

Side notes: 6 gb ram total, tried allocating 2 3 and 4 gigs, no difference in performance, before i had 3 alloted in windows 8.1 and it was fine. Minecraft and twitch are both running as administrator. Restarted my computer many many times. Tried reinstalling once and it didnt help, tried downloading the game and running it through minecraft (instead of through twitch) didnt help.

Mod & Version Official skyfactory modpack from twitch launcher

Link to log file Wont let me post it because this isn't my 5th post or something like that

Is it repeatable? Yes, occurs every time i open the pack.

Known Fix n/a

Last edited:

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So most likely a memory issue. Newer OS has higher memory requirements of its own. So now you will need to get more physical RAM to play the game.

Terminatorskull

Jul 29, 2019
So most likely a memory issue. Newer OS has higher memory requirements of its own. So now you will need to get more physical RAM to play the game.
The requirements really went up that much? I could play low settings and get 100+ fps on sky factory 3 windows 8.1, and now it crashes or stay at 0-2 fps. I have a hard time believing windows 10 takes up so much more ram then windows 8.1.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
When you checked your drivers - how did you do it?

Did you also check that your hardware is supported in Windows 10 - just because it's working doesn't mean it's supported, you might ended up with a generic driver somewhere.

Create a DxDiag report and share that (use paste.feed-the-beast.com) - and we can help you check, starting with that report.