updated ftb launcher causing fps lag

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

mrmagic686

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
updated ftb launcher causing fps lag
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
dw20
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Ever since I updated my launcher to the most recent version (1.4.7) I have been experiencing terrible fps lag. I use to sit on 60 fps 90% of the time, however im now on around 10-20, 40 if I put my render distance down to 2 chunks. I know its the launcher because ive had it before with a very old version and as soon as I updated that the lag started so I had to install the previous version but I have searched everywhere and I cant find the version of the launcher prior to 1.4.7
any help is much appreciated and im sorry about that last ticket, I messed up haha - im on a samsung atm and accidently pressed the wrong button.
anyway, any help will be appreciated,
all the best,
-magic

F

frenchiveruti

Well, hello, just giving some comment in here, I've had experienced the same issue, and the solution I made, was to simply close the launcher, entirely, while the game runs, lets be honest, the console spams a lot of crap and that makes the whole PC lag, even consuming a lot of CPU (my CPU temps went from 40~45ºC to a shocking 80ºC with the launcher open in background).
So, just killing the launcher, solves the issue of lag.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Well, hello, just giving some comment in here, I've had experienced the same issue, and the solution I made, was to simply close the launcher, entirely, while the game runs, lets be honest, the console spams a lot of crap and that makes the whole PC lag, even consuming a lot of CPU (my CPU temps went from 40~45ºC to a shocking 80ºC with the launcher open in background).
So, just killing the launcher, solves the issue of lag.

And which versions of launcher are you using? (notice date if the OP's message). Did you kill launcher or just close console window?