Up to 9000

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
1970 math.random says its you. I know its true because I redid this test 100 times and it always says its you :p

T

TheLunarHydra

2973 finally got my hard drive to stop trying to sound like it's killing itself after rebooting my laptop 3 times

T

TheLunarHydra

Lol half the time I boot up my laptop it makes loud whirring noises and I have to reboot. Sound's like it's doing something weird. idk if it's grinding againist my processor or something or what

Also, 2975

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
Grinding against your processor would be quite a task, usually the spinny bits of a hard drive are all in a case. They don't tend to last too long otherwise.

T

TheLunarHydra

Yeah I'm not entirely sure what it is because it doesn't make it every boot. It's an HP laptop and I can't get the case's screws out because one is stuck in it's "screw hole" I guess you could call it. So the most I can do is assume it's my fan hitting something. Fan or hard drive. Not sure.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
2978 Going to go with fan, as if your HDD is hitting something, you very quickly wouldn't have an HDD to speak of.

T

TheLunarHydra

Yeah I'd assume it's the fan. I got it in 2015 January, in the summer of 2015 my fans broke and my hard drive literally got burned from my processor's heat ._. So I wouldn't hesitate to say it's my fans. Now that I think about it, I should also go ahead and back up my sf2.5 world.