Up to 9000

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
2240 @GamerwithnoGame if you want to start automation with computers, I'd recommend OpenComputers, it's a little more realistic than Computercraft, if you have all the necessary cards, it has a way to install programs that you didn't make(OPPM) that's pretty cool IMO, it can wrap around CC peripherals, and I believe that it even allows one to code his own OS.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
2240 @GamerwithnoGame if you want to start automation with computers, I'd recommend OpenComputers, it's a little more realistic than Computercraft, if you have all the necessary cards, it has a way to install programs that you didn't make(OPPM) that's pretty cool IMO, it can wrap around CC peripherals, and I believe that it even allows one to code his own OS.
I disagree.
It is also easy to install programs on CC thanks to the pastebin command
CC allows you to not worry about the stuff inside the computer thus one can focus purely on the code (which you want if you use CC/OC to learn how to write)
CC also allows you to write your own OS, I however have never seen an use for any kind of OS on my CC stuff.

I'm not saying that CC is better as both mods have their uses but it might be better to go with the simpler mod if all you want to do is learn how to program.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
In this case, CC is what is in the modpack, which was put together by a friend; he also owns the server we play on. I'm pretty happy with CC, though there are Stargate peripherals for both CC and OC so we could change. But generally we don't alter mods except to update or for reasons of brokenness at this point.