Up to 9000

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
2168 I am probably either going to buy the second book of
The Legends of the Älfar which is called Devastating Hate
or the second book of
The Dwarves which is called The War of the Dwarves

However, as I know the series are about the same thing I kind of want to know which of the 2 series to read first.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
2170 well, if it weren't for the fact that the elven series didn't skip a few hundred years or so I would have read that.
The first book ends up with one of the main elves in an unknown land in the human world without a way to get back to his own world.
Another reason is that the story is just nice and as the human is the main character you slowly learn more about the world as the human discovers it. And even the elves aren't all knowing even about their own world and magic, which is also nice. There is for example a scene where Mandred (the human of the group) has trouble walking due to very thick snow. The elves however don't have this problem as they can walk on top of it. The elves have no idea why this is as they have never seen snow before, which is a nice touch.
Sadly enough, it is apparently not translated to English (well, sadly enough for English people, not me as it is available in my language)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
2174. 11 years after First Contact (can't believe I missed out on that one).

EDITED for correctness (sorry!)

Last edited: