Unusual worldgen (Thaumcraft)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tyler f

Jul 29, 2019
I have never found any crystal clusters, infused stone, or any other thaumcraft block on my server except for the earth/air/fire/water/dull crystals that you mine. I know my world has the nodes though because it has been charging my wand of charging but like i said, never found harvestable crystal clusters or nearly any other thaumcraft block. I am pretty new to thaumcraft and as such don't know what to be looking for and all this could be totally normal but I need opinions.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft has the infused ore that you see, and a surface barrow which is like a dungeon, but has two spawners (I've only seen with one zombie and one skeleton) and a number of chests along with an "evil" node.

The newest versions have also started producing village-buildings and obsidian pillars (which have a pigman zombie spawner)

But, there is no worldgen for crystal clusters.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Other Thaumcraft world gen ores are Amber bearing stone and Cinnabar ore. You can Fortune the amber and the infused stone but cinnabar drops itself.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
The newest versions have also started producing village-buildings and obsidian pillars (which have a pigman zombie spawner)
Those pillar structures (more than a single pillar) have angry wisps instead of pigmen in the newest version 3.0.3 which will be added in the next update.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Those pillar structures (more than a single pillar) have angry wisps instead of pigmen in the newest version 3.0.3 which will be added in the next update.

As in a wisp spawner block or just a node that's spawning wisps?

If it's a spawner block....ohhhhh exploits.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Are they actually by spawner or just the aura node burping them out? In my world I get both right now. The pigmen are a bit stupid as they are neutral so they do not even cause danger but enable easy soul shard filling.[DOUBLEPOST=1360797343][/DOUBLEPOST]

Meh, either way they wouldn't run out. The node actually pumps wisps out without a player being within 16 meters.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't built goggles, so I don't know about nodes.
Since the wisps (had 2 wisps coming out of the floor currently) are too stingy for my current mood, I didn't stay around long enough to check on anything :)

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019

It's a spawner block. It sits two blocks under the chest. I've got one I moved to the bottom of the river near my village... They spawn at any light level but don't spawn in water so that's the only way I could turn it off XD