Windows .exe Unplayable FPS drop when using FTB

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unspecified

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Launcher version (if this isn't the newest update update and try again):​
Latest one. (Was happening with the previous update as well).​
Minecraft Version:​
Latest one​
Java version:​
1.7.0_04​
Detailed description of the issue / how can the issue be recreated:​
When using the FTB launcher and DireWolf mods, i have an unplayable FPS drop constantly when playing. On Vanilla minecraft I have a perfect FPS. I have tried disabling the extrabiomes mod as i thought it may be that, but it wasnt. Should i just disable them one by one in order to see which it is?​

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
Hilarious.
Well thank you I thought so too,
but in all reality did you try using optfine with the pack or not
is it a choppy lag or is it just full out lag
Do you use 64 bit java or not
and have you allocated more memory to minecraft (I have my acer running at about 1.5G and it has some slight lags but nothing I can't handle)

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure its the only thing open and if you're still having issues check whatever sort of system monitor windows has to see what's happening (100% cpu etc.). You could also try using the jar version or downloading multimc (forkk.net) and using the import from ftb launcher button because it may not be a launcher issue. If none of those solutions work then try reinstalling java, also post the launcher log to pastebin. And linux is awesome :)

Unspecified

Jul 29, 2019
Well thank you I thought so too,
but in all reality did you try using optfine with the pack or not
is it a choppy lag or is it just full out lag
Do you use 64 bit java or not
and have you allocated more memory to minecraft (I have my acer running at about 1.5G and it has some slight lags but nothing I can't handle)
optifine didnt help much
choppy lag
how do i make it use 64 bit sorry?
and how do i allocate it more memory as well sorry?

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
optifine didnt help much
choppy lag
how do i make it use 64 bit sorry?
and how do i allocate it more memory as well sorry?
To use 64 bit Java, you must uninstall 32 bit Java.
What Ashzification said for Java 64 bit, add more memory go to the options tap on the ftb launcher and there should be a scroller there for memory/ram it may be in advanced options now, but I don't think so :D

truth is the only time I have had a problem with mods and lag on a computer was a 2003 dell computer with 1/2 a Gig of ram and it ran regular minecraft pretty well sometimes got a nasty lag spike on rare occasions, but for how outdated it was I thought that was pretty amazing even though it could never handle mods, this is not the case your specs are better then my acer aspire(Not saying much xD ) so you should not be getting what your saying try checking your java and go from there.

also really Off Topic,
do you get a flickering of Chests or Signs on your game or does you ingame hand flicker to different lighting areas as you move around, if so installing linux does sadly* fix this problem

sadly being it seems that windows does not render the code right, but linux does. :p

Hope you have the best of luck
K4b6

Mighr

Jul 29, 2019
Your Laptop is probably using your integrated graphics, not your dedicated GPU.
Go to your NVIDIA Control Panel and assign your GPU to java:

3D Settings -> Manage 3D Setting -> Programm Settings -> Add -> select your java.exe, usally in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin -> Select "High-Performance NVIDIA Processor from the dropdown -> Save -> ... -> Profit ;)

Like mentioned, you should also use 64 Bit Java. Just download the 64 Bit Version and install that.

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019

3D Settings -> Manage 3D Setting -> Programm Settings -> Add -> select your java.exe, usally in C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin -> Select "High-Performance NVIDIA Processor from the dropdown -> Save -> ... -> Profit ;)

Like mentioned, you should also use 64 Bit Java. Just download the 64 Bit Version and install that.
Oh wow totally forgot about that bug/glitch thanks for reminding me ^^^ Listen to him he is very smart :p

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019

I doubt this is the issue because he said that vanilla worked fine so it has to be an issue with either the launcher or one of the mods.

Have you tried using multimc as I suggested because then we could isolate the issue to either a mod or the ftb launcher.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I've had the same problem and I have the game running on my Nvidia 670, any ideas?
Do you also have issues in vanilla? If you don't try running it with multimc. If you do have the same issues in vanilla try installing/updating your drivers as Mighr suggested and restart your computer. Also make sure that feed the beast is the only thing open.

perroman8698

Jul 29, 2019
Do you also have issues in vanilla? If you don't try running it with multimc. If you do have the same issues in vanilla try installing/updating your drivers as Mighr suggested and restart your computer. Also make sure that feed the beast is the only thing open.
I do not have any problems in vanilla (70+ FPS) and multimc doesn't seem to help. Also I play with only FTB open and I have all my drivers updated. Any other ideas? It was working fine before v7 of mindcrack if that helps.

TheSandwichMakr

Jul 29, 2019
I do not have any problems in vanilla (70+ FPS) and multimc doesn't seem to help. Also I play with only FTB open and I have all my drivers updated. Any other ideas? It was working fine before v7 of mindcrack if that helps.
Then it's an issue with one of the mods in mindcrack, Backup your worlds then disable each mod one at a time until you find the one causing the issues. I tried the mindcrack pack and I get a good fps but I'm also on a pretty good computer running ubuntu.

perroman8698

Jul 29, 2019
Then it's an issue with one of the mods in mindcrack, Backup your worlds then disable each mod one at a time until you find the one causing the issues. I tried the mindcrack pack and I get a good fps but I'm also on a pretty good computer running ubuntu.
Turning off the portal mod or xycraft seems to boost my fps, unfortunately this doesn't really help me because I play FTB on a server with both of these mods active. Even then it only gets me up to 30 with my earlier settings when there hasn't been any major change in the mod content in the mindcrack pack between v6 and v7.

Status
Not open for further replies.