Unleashed Voxel and Reiminimap questions

Ronbob55

Jul 29, 2019
I just started playing Unleashed and really miss the radar map functions and large map ("X" key) from Ultimate, Mindcrack, and Direwolf packs. Viewing listed mods from the FTB main menu I notice Unleashed only shows Voxelmap. Looking at Ultimate shows Voxelmods. Using Edit Mod Pack from the main menu gets more confusing. Unleashed list only Voxelmap while Ultimate lists voxelcommon, voxelMap, VoxelMenu, voxelpacket, and voxelplayer.

So my first question is, can I get Unleashed to play just like Ultimate as far as the map functions are concerned?

I see the Add Mod button on the FTB Mod Pack Editor but I do not know what exactly to select, assuming this is the method of getting what I want if it's even possible. I did try to just copy over the Voxel related folders from Ultimate to Unleashed but that didn't work. Instead of the Mojang splash screen it was just black and would not progress farther. I also saw a lot of red error messages in the console window.
Now the Reiminimap issue. I tried disabling Voxelmap on Unleashed and, using Add Mod, selected the Reiminimap rar file hoping I'd get lucky but that didn't work either. Now one thing I noticed is that the Reiminimap file I downloaded is named "[1.6.2]ReiMinimap_v3.4_01" and the Reiminimap rar file in the Direwolf Mods folder is just named "Reiminimap".

So the second question is, would part of getting Rei to work be renaming the file I downloaded to just plain "Reiminimap".

Aside from any reported lag issues (I haven't really noticed any playing Ultimate or Mindcrack) I'd rather have Voxel functions like Ultimate has but I'd be content with Rei also.

I'm basically asking how to get the full functions of Voxel or Rei on Unleashed. I've researched this but haven't found a definitive description yet. I guess this is a situation where I need to be led by the hand I guess since my own efforts didn't work.

Thanks for any help.

jasondm

Jul 29, 2019
Voxel/zan's minimap has not functionally changed since 1.4.7. The keys might have changed (M should still bring up the map menu where you can access the options, set waypoints and configure keybinds).

You need to use the 1.5.2 version of rei's minimap with unleashed (1.5.2 mods with 1.5.2 minecraft, ya know).

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
In unleashed the map menu is = and you can change the controls to whatever you wish. using whatever controls you set them to you can get the same settings from ultimate back

Ronbob55

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to say thanks to the folks that provided feedback. All is good now. I decided that REI was what I really wanted so I downloaded the 1.5.2 version and used Mod Edit from FTB menu to disable Voxel and added REI 1.5.2 and it worked just fine. And to answer my own question, no I didn't have to rename the file to just "reiminimap".

Thanks again folks, much appreciated.