[Unleashed][Skyblock] Skyblock Plus!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Iron: The whole point of this skyblock map, is to play through the vanilla end of it, and then "unlock" the whole new level of modded. If that isn't to anyone's liking, then this isn't for them. I do strictly state in my OP "Do everything you'd normally do in skyblocks." and "For the most part, the beginning of this map remains exactly the same as skyblocks, aside from loot/mob alterations caused by mods." I never said it was going to be easy to unlock the mod part. If people don't like playing vanilla, then there are plenty of other Skyblock maps available for them to choose, but this is the map that I wanted to play, and so I made it. There is another wonderful skyblock map that gives you a Minium stone right off the bat, and the people who don't like vanilla should instead use that map.

Wart: Well then! I actually wasn't aware that you could mutate crops with IC2--that's a part of the mod that I never delved in to, or even knew existed. I may now need to alter the map again to cater to this, after I figure out what needs to go into it, and include it in the "Guide".
As for why I didn't wish to include it, the answer is the Auto-Spawner. I wanted to be fairly limited with the ways of "producing" mobs.
And lastly for why it has to be included, I stated that in my post announcing the update "Map updated to 1.0.1, missing an item that is required for Bee progression." It's require for Nether bees to breed.
Well in that case, that's pretty cool. Sorry if I got judgey at you, I let the judgments on my map influence my feelings about yours, causing nothing but badness. Please accept my apology as a gentleman for any offence or otherwise negative feelings portrayed by my previous comments.

Warts: all you need to do to get the warts from IC2 crops is a water source block, some wood for sticks, and some wheat seeds. It is a lot better to start from sugarcane, but you still can get sugrcane from wheat seeds. To find breeding combos, go here. Say what you will about technic, but their wiki is the only place I could find cross-breeding combinations, as they are meant to be somewhat experimental.

starglade

Jul 29, 2019
Well in that case, that's pretty cool. Sorry if I got judgey at you, I let the judgments on my map influence my feelings about yours, causing nothing but badness. Please accept my apology as a gentleman for any offence or otherwise negative feelings portrayed by my previous comments.

Warts: all you need to do to get the warts from IC2 crops is a water source block, some wood for sticks, and some wheat seeds. It is a lot better to start from sugarcane, but you still can get sugrcane from wheat seeds. To find breeding combos, go here. Say what you will about technic, but their wiki is the only place I could find cross-breeding combinations, as they are meant to be somewhat experimental.

Hey, you're perfectly fine. Everyone has their own opinions and I'm glad you voiced yours as I'd be happy for anyone to offer up their opinion. I know that my map isn't everyone's cup of tea, since a lot of people, as you said, like playing mods to get as far away from vanilla as possible. :)

Warts: Thanks for that! I had absolutely no idea about all of that, but that's really neat. I appreciate the link, and I think I will have it worked into the guide so the map is even more "You want it, you gotta earn it", since that's the sort of challenge I'm working towards.

Reactions: goreae

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
you should consider removing any sort of rubber from the map, so if players want rubber, they either have to use propolis or breed some stickreed, and later on down the line use UU-matter to get a lot of rubber quickly. Rubber trees produce too much rubber IMO.

starglade

Jul 29, 2019
I quite like that idea--it would actually force you to breed the stickreed first, because you can't get to the bee line that gives you propolis without first *having* resin (for an IC2 generator and compressor to power a recycler (Needed for: scrap>netherrack>netherbrick>magma crucible>acclimatiser> bees in winter biome)
But that might be a little bit *too* harsh, even by my standards. I think if I did that I'd include it in a "hard-mode" version of the map. I'm actually rather eager to now create this, and play it myself :)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I quite like that idea--it would actually force you to breed the stickreed first, because you can't get to the bee line that gives you propolis without first *having* resin (for an IC2 generator and compressor to power a recycler (Needed for: scrap>netherrack>netherbrick>magma crucible>acclimatiser> bees in winter biome)
But that might be a little bit *too* harsh, even by my standards. I think if I did that I'd include it in a "hard-mode" version of the map. I'm actually rather eager to now create this, and play it myself :)
Twilight forest has many "normal" biomes within it.

Foolduck

Jul 29, 2019

Don't you forget the Embittered bees that's can give you lava from squeezing Phosphor? That's much easier than get a magma crucible from scrap.

starglade

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight forest has many "normal" biomes within it.
Very true! I think I'll revert the map back to not having Netherwart, and then it's an option of whether they wish to use the small Plains biome or the twilight forest, or the crop breeding.

Don't you forget the Embittered bees that's can give you lava from squeezing Phosphor? That's much easier than get a magma crucible from scrap.
Ah, another delightful method that I overlooked. I have no idea why I apparently didn't bother figuring out other ways to produce lava. Thanks!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
If you've got a large enough aura node (1000+) and a crystal cluster then you can actually do almost anything on a vanilla skyblock. Of course there is a lot of waiting involved, but still.

starglade

Jul 29, 2019
Map updated to Version 1.0.2--increased difficulty!
Changes:
Removed Netherwart and Rubber Sapplings. Netherwart obtainable through crop hybridization (Thank you Goreae). Rubber obtainable from Strickreed, via crop hybridization.

Additionally the guide will be updated to include another route to get Lava. (Thank you Foolduck)

Previous versions are still accessible from the OP, should users not wish for the increased difficulty of the latest version.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Crops will be a bit of a difficulty before you get a cropnalyzer, so you'll just have to wait. Let the crossbred reeds grow for a few minutes after they appear fully grown to make sure you don't miss stickreeds. And to grow netherwart, make sure you do so in the darkness. Netherwart is one of the few plants that don't mind the darkness. Let the stickreeds grow in the light, then extinguish that light when they are fully grown and wait for crossbreeding to occur. Later on when you have UU-matter, you can craft iron and gold ore to breed up some ferru and aurelian.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
You can use the map with it enabled or disabled. When enabled, there is a force sapling in a chest to get you some force metal. Disabled, the sapling dissapears forever with no ill effects.

starglade

Jul 29, 2019
How do install the map? do i have to download all the mods that the map uses?

This map was designed to be used with the FTB modpack "Unleashed". Each item in the map uses the config files for this modpack. I haven't tested whether they are the same config ID's as the default installation of the mods, so it may or may not work without the specific "Unleashed" modpack.

Psychofish74

Jul 29, 2019
oooh so i just drag the save file into the saves of FTB Unleashed just like downloading a custom map for minecraft?

amunao

Jul 29, 2019
Look's like a great map. Good Job! Will have fun playing it. Might even record a youtube series i will give you credit!

Reactions: Psychofish74

Tropius

Jul 29, 2019
Could you help me please? I don't know where the saves file is for the launcher so I don't know how to install it. Thanks