unleashed server failing to load world due to java exception

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

easternxanatos

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
unleashed server failing to load world due to java exception
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Unleashed
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
using server software, unable to load world. Unfortunately I do not have any experience in java whatsoever. I have my entire unleashed sever folder copied and backed up. I am currently running the dedicated server locally on
AMD FX 4100 (4-cpus @ 3.6Ghz)
12GB 1333MHZ DDR3 ram overclocked to 1600MHZ
GTX 550Ti 1GB
Kingston SSD 120GB
running windows 7 ultimate 64bit
portforwarded on a 35/1,7 internet connection
It would be great if anyone could help me sort out this problem
Cheers in advance,

Alex Lindsay
Co-Owner Drop Bear Gamers

Linkero

Jul 29, 2019
If you'd be so kind to change the pastebin link to be publicly viewable, I'm sure someone will help out! Till then, nothing we can do :(

easternxanatos

Jul 29, 2019
It just seems strange as i had it running until yesterday at about midday. This is a server that has approximately 12 people connected at any one time, so I had a pretty close estimate of failure time. I believe i have already upgraded to java 8 and was running fine with no issues at all, I shall give this a shot and let you all know how it goes. Thanks so far for your assistance

Runebooke

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, in hindsight, seems like someone who knows Java should help. All my experience is in hardware, and networking. The link I posted was for minecraft 1.6.4. But at any rate, you could try a different java version and see if that helps.

Linkero

Jul 29, 2019
The Java version in the log is indeed up to date so that can semi be ruled out. Lets start off with a few basics. Is this a newly created world? If not, how did you create it? Is your server directory properly chmod'ed?

To me, its seeming like forge/minecraft is having trouble with some nbt data somewhere. Only thing on the top of my head would be that the world may have been created with a different version of minecraft, a corrupt world, or possibly forge can't read the data(hence the chmod question) 1.5.2 a little before my time around so it beats me lol

easternxanatos

Jul 29, 2019
there has been no updates to unleashed for like a year. As for the world it was newly created about 1.5 months ago with 12 people going crazy in survival mode so there is quite a bit made in the world, with one guy 14,000 blocks away, one in the twilight forest and another in a mystcraft world with people travelling to nether and end. As for the server software, it was the basic one that you can download from ftb launcher and I let it do what it wanted to. Minecraft was fully up to date when the world was created and I believe that there has been no new updates since then. The only changes i have done in the unleashed server folder is change the ram limit on the server launcher and changed the settings on server txt

easternxanatos

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks fellow FTBians for all the advice and tips. I did manage to finally fix my server. I resorted to the good ol' fashioned brute force tactic. I "slowly" read through the entire server jar and deleted the instances that were causing my server to crash. There were 21 instances that were causing errors. A lot of text.