[UNLEASHED] Need a Safe Reactor Setup With High Output.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sekor

Jul 29, 2019
First off, uranium is not an issue I have loads.
Ok so I plan on making a reactor room, with about 8 reactors, I need a safe setup that makes a lot of EU, as its all going into 40 MFSUs then into a mass fab, and I really don't want to try anything myself because I'll break it. And while I'm here how thick should the walls be, its at bedrock, each reactor is going to have its own room that is 3 blocks thick. Then an putter room that is also 3 blocks thick. Is that enough?
Thanks! :)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I had a couple of designs that could handle that much throughput, but the ex branch pretty much killed being able to produce more than around 2k EU/t from any single series of sources without having to do stupid things like run multiple serial cables painted to avoid accidental connections.

I'm assuming you are wanting something fully automated that won't blow up on you and produces a good power supply? The current reigning champion that meets these criteria is called 'The Beast', created by... was it Omicron? I honestly can't remember anymore. Anyway, it produces 420 EU/t. Build multiple in serial.

You will probably hear about MOX reactors. However, to get the most out of those reactors, you need to be exceedingly careful with temperature tolerances, so it's probably too close to an explosion risk for your tastes if all you want is a 'set and forget' reactor series.

You can look up my old Tower of Power build. Each tower is now limited to around 2k EU/t due to cabling constraints, but the theory is still viable, with multiple smaller towers each with their own power tap.

Reactions: Sekor

Sekor

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I actually ram across this setup while looking around, I liked it, will test it out tomorrow, thanks! :)

Sekor

Jul 29, 2019
But wait, would you say ultimate hybrids are a better source of power? As 4 will make 2k EU, although they are a pain to make, I currently have 40, but its not enough lol

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
But wait, would you say ultimate hybrids are a better source of power? As 4 will make 2k EU, although they are a pain to make, I currently have 40, but its not enough lol
I believe that the rounding bug was fixed, so AFAIK hybrids are no longer massively better.