Unleashed: Infernal Branch Bees draining IC2 equipment?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Finally got all bees needed to make Oblivion frames and noticed Demonic make glowstone. So noticed something while getting another Demonic queen. Demonic has flammable effect, so instead of wearing bee-suit, I just stood in a pool of water while purifying the princess. Partway through the process, I noticed my Adv Nano Chest had ZERO energy and all my tools were drained as well. And thinking back, when I was working on this branch, I do remember an unexplained power drain that I attributed to my Powersuit helmet [night vision + feeder, but no MPS battery].

For armor I use MPS Helmet and Legs, but have no MPS batteries installed. Chest is Adv Nano [I prefer the jetpack?] and feet are Quantum. Chest provides power for the helmet accessories. I also use optifine, which doesn't play well with MPS...and every time I login, I need to reset my night-vision keybind to turn it off [for me, night vision is enabled by default...but isn't active until I toggle it off, then on]. There, so that explains [hopefully?] why I thought the power was being drained [night vision left on + feeder].

Hmm, while typing this out, I seem to recall more specific details. My MPS helmet and legs also have bee-armor installed on them, so I was only wearing chest/boots actual bee-suit armor when breeding the branch. And I also remember seeing a huge energy drain on my Q-boots as they're sitting in my inventory [drain stopped if boots moved to knapsack]. And by huge, I mean somewhere in the neighborhood of 5K EU per second.

Anyone else noticed this behaviour while breeding this branch?

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps the water isn't protecting you as well as you'd like? Sure it'd put you out, but I doubt it'd stop you from being affected "at all".

I ditched the fire effect from my bees before testing it on myself, but just to throw it out there, putting the phosphor from those combs into a squeezer with some cobble gives lava. One alveary and a magmatic engine can readily power the squeezer, supply you with as much obsidian as you desire via an igneous extruder (not to mention what a centrifuge may give you with some packs), and likely handle power for a few other machines for you as well (occasionally). I ran an outpost off one.

Others produce more power, but the sheer variety of resources demonic bees give would have to make them my favourite species. They produce loads of those combs, too...

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Unless I'm blowing right through a species for breeding purposes, I almost always replace negative bee effect traits with either a positive effect traits or none at all, ie. .'Effect Cancellation Trait' vial or whatever it's called.

For a bee that I'll keep around a while for production purposes, I would strongly consider replacing particularly nasty effects like Flammable.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
No noticeable energy drain while wearing full MPS with apiarist upgrades.

That said I don't think I ever had a regular demonic queen in production. When I crossbreed I give the princess/drone max fertility and try to get the mutation chance as high as possible without producing swarmers. Dump 3 of the drones into the isolator and hope I get the species trait off the bee. Dump the princess and the 4th drone into inoculators for max fertility, just in case I need more drones to get the trait. If they have something nasty I'd just throw them in an apiary somewhere safe and chunkloaded and then come back after 10 minutes, or remove the trait from both of them first via inoculator.

The only demonic princesses I have now have the Explorer or Node Purify traits.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, MPS will drain any energy containing items it can find, even ones your not wearing. It starts in the top left slot and ends in the bottom right. I don't use batteries in my power armor, I just carry around 2 lapotronic energy orbs or whatever that hold 10 million EU each.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, MPS will drain any energy containing items it can find, even ones your not wearing. It starts in the top left slot and ends in the bottom right. I don't use batteries in my power armor, I just carry around 2 lapotronic energy orbs or whatever that hold 10 million EU each.

This is my point, though not as it worded above. Adv Nano Chest holds 1M EU. Same for Quantum Boots. When I'm wearing them, I don't see a 5K EU/sec drain, even with night vision active. I was seeing this kind of drain around the Demonic bees though, and MPS armor pieces shouldn't have been consuming anything other than normal. Remember...when I noticed the drain on the boots, in my inventory, I had donned pseudo-full Apiarist Armor (Feet and Chest generic Apiarist, Head and Legs MPS Apiarist). MPS Apiarist armor has NO energy requirements, or should have none. Only MPS armor that should need energy is the Energy shield, which I don't use.

Given the above, this 5K EU/sec drain on any IC2-powered gear in inventory when I'm is in the presence of Demonic bees (with Flammable effect active) is still a mystery.

Guess I should have been this explicit at the start of the post.