Unleashed 1.1.4 and recommended

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I'm running a FTB Unleashed server, and some of the players are asking me to upgrade to 1.1.4.
The thing is however, that I like to wait until the recommended version goes up before upgrading the server.

So the questions are,
Should I wait? What is the process between not-recommended and recommended? Do they fix stuff? Is it considered buggy?

Also some players say that they have to select 1.1.3 to play on the server, because recommended apparently gives them 1.1.4. Is there something I'm missing here?

I hope some of you can take the time to answer this, thank you in advance =)

GuildMaster

Jul 29, 2019
The biggest problem is with selected mods.
If you select recommended, you get 1.1.3 mods, however some mods are active, while other mods (Biomes O Plenty, Vendor Block, etc.) are deactivated.
If you select recommended, you get 1.1.4 mods, still some mods are inactive.
The problem is, some people probably have those inactive mods activated (that's why they have to select 1.1.3 to play - their recommended version has been messed up by themselves).
You can find a long changelog here. They added a few new mods, and fixed some other mods.
I would recommend updating to 1.1.4, but also deciding which mods to add. If you added Biomes o Plenty in 1.1.4 (which is really cool), all players have to manually add it. Same thing for other mods.
Best thing to do: backup, update to 1.1.4, then adding what mods you want. Then tell all the players to select the mods you want added. Then, everybody can play, and you will get new mods. It's all up to you to decide.

wildex999

Jul 29, 2019
So even if 1.1.4 is not downloaded when you select recommended, that doesn't mean 1.1.4 is in beta or more unstable than 1.1.3?
Also, I run the server with none of the default off mods, turned on. I wan't people to be able to just select the modpack and click play on a newly installed launcher, that is another reason I wan't to wait until 1.1.4 is set as recommended.