Universal Electricity's texturing

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Why do the majority of UE mods have those awful 32x textures? I seriously don't see how this is supposed to draw new players to it.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
By contrast many people love them. Most of all mods are made in the vision of the author so the authors seem to love the aesthetic.

TL;DR don't be a hater

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
I wouldn't go as far as awful- but having a mix of high-def and low-def textures looks really out of place.
It would look a lot neater if they adapted vanilla textures to match, or an optional 16x texture for UE machines.
(easily fixed with a texture pack mind)
There isn't too much between a 16x and a 32x times- for me that difference is bearable. Irritating but not the end of the world.
If it added some super high definition models with everything at fancy angles however- I wouldn't touch it either.

PsionicArchon

Jul 29, 2019
I like to upscale everything to 32x anyways. It's difficult for my eyes to focus on 16x textures on my large monitor without straining.

I understand how preference works but, how can something so incredibly detailed be considered terrible? If anything, I think more mods should adapt their textures toward UE's design. It'd breath some life into an otherwise bland looking lo-res factory.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
and that is why texturepacks exists... if you don't like the textures, you have the option to change them yourself

Reactions: Padfoote

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
I can understand not liking a mod because of the ugly textures. Part of what i love about TE3 is the textures.