Universal breeding tool

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to make an item that lets you breed any 2 animals of the same type without it costing a thing. So for example, how you would breed two cows with wheat, you would only have to use this one item and it would cost nothing. Problem is, I have no clue on how to do that. There are no tutorials on how to do something remotely similar to what I am trying to accomplish. I was wondering if someone from here could help me out.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you could also try looking at Minecraft's core code. So, say take a look at the page for Cows, and if that doesn't have anything, look for something like "EntityPassive" or maybe even just EntityLiving or Entity if you can't find that.

Hea3veN

Jul 29, 2019
If you are making your own item, you don't need an event, you can just override Item.itemInteractionForEntity and do it right there.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you could also try looking at Minecraft's core code. So, say take a look at the page for Cows, and if that doesn't have anything, look for something like "EntityPassive" or maybe even just EntityLiving or Entity if you can't find that.
That wouldn't really help unless op wanted to rewrite all animals

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
That wouldn't really help unless op wanted to rewrite all animals
Yeah, but it can help on a lot of other stuff, so it's the first thing I look to in most situations. In trying to get lightning to work, for example, it was INCREDIBLY helpful to look at ender pearls and lightning itself. So, maybe not applicable to this situation, but still good advice. :p

Reactions: SatanicSanta