Unique Base Design?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
I have a small cave (hand-dug), where you have to press a few camoflauged buttons in a specific order and it'll immedietly open a 3x3 door with sticky pistons (Etho style). Once you're inside, there's a bunch of thaumcraft 3 related stuff and some emptied out rooms, with small passageways leading to other parts of the cave. The cave is quite expansive, leading down to bedrock, with the more tech-related things at the bottom and the thaumcraft/non-advanced things near the top. All in all, there's 27 rooms. Some rooms are actually fused together, so if you split them apart it would be more like 32.
The world was deleted by me due to an aura node corruption (like my past 2 worlds... AZANOR) so I don't have it anymore. It was still a cool design, and I'm planning on redoing it.
It has almost every block avalible in the game inside the cave (functional blocks only, like diffrent furnaces and storage systems) aswell, and even I get lost navigating it. I could imagine just giving a friend of mine the world and watching them stumble through trying to find the one crafting table.

The cave also may or may not have a secret combination of camo buttons that, when pressed in the correct order, will open up 3 note blocks in the facility. Hitting 2 of them will cause the entire facility to go up in a nuclear explosion (Backups are your friend while testing defense systems) and one of them will open up a small, empty indent in the wall with a chute for throwing something down. Once you get an animal with a gravity/portal gun, you dump them in there, and via the magic of minecarts you're transported into the end where I have my nonexistant end star base.

Edit: Apparently it didn't save my font size. Fixed.

iamjackproskater

Jul 29, 2019
Ok then lets narrow this down per say, Instead of unique lets go with Creative, Incredible, or Mindblowing. Now with these words something that will have huge allotted space for everything entitled in FTB.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
I vote to look up Sjin and see what he makes. Don't have to copy but it may give you an idea. His Oil Platform is pretty epic.

Lappro

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know how well the redpower frames work but it would be very neat if you could build a base (any shape) that can be move in its entirety with RP farmes on all 6 axis. So whenever you are bored of your view out the window or biome your in you just simply walk to the computer and fly somewhere else. How awesome would that be! Hopefully charges of machines etc. can be moved aswell, because if you lose charge from your MFSU when you move around for example this idea will be pretty useless. In that last case you can use docking stations where you hook up to powergrids etc.

Rednpd

Jul 29, 2019
How about base inside a giant meteor that has just made impact and shattered the surrounding landscape.

iamjackproskater

Jul 29, 2019
I posted this in another forum BUT, A Giant crane picking up a HUGE piece of land. With all your stuff on it and what not
Thats a great idea[DOUBLEPOST=1363302743][/DOUBLEPOST]I decided on building a factory, I dont want to over do it with the basalt and marble mixture, Any one know of a block combination that uses Basalt brick and _________. I was thinking stone bricks but I cant decide if there are better combinations.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
Thats a great idea[DOUBLEPOST=1363302743][/DOUBLEPOST]I decided on building a factory, I dont want to over do it with the basalt and marble mixture, Any one know of a block combination that uses Basalt brick and _________. I was thinking stone bricks but I cant decide if there are better combinations.
Maybe use some xycraft engineering bricks? Makes for a super nice, super "high-tech" looking base. I love them!

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I plan on making a half dozen bases, massive distances apart. One will be a home in the hills. One will be a cottage in a Fire Swamp. One will be a Iron Sky Fortress. One will be a traditional volcano base. One will be a Hunting Cabin in a Savanna, complete with ALL OF THE HEADS on my trophy wall. And one will be my Lunar Outpost. All of them will be connected not via MystCraft linkbooks, but by Star Gates, for added fun.

Reactions: plzent3r