Underground Base Ideas

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
On FTB I am in the process of moving my base and I need some inspiration, I am going to clear out a bunch of area underground and make a base out of it, I'm not sure exactly what I want it to look like, so please post pictures of your underground base(s) to give me or anyone else inspiration. ( Or just to show off your work ;))

Blakey002

Jul 29, 2019
Look at Zisteau on youtube he has a good underground base, there's also pryopuncher they both have under ground bases

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have any pictures unfortunately (the server I was playing on disappeared before I'd finished the build) but my favourite underground base design was an inverted glass pyramid. I'll try to explain it in a way that makes sense.

I quarried out a huge area all the way down to bedrock (49 chunks in a 7x7 square), and covered the ceiling in glass leaving a massive underground "hole". I then suspended my base from the ceiling in the centre of the area on three levels with glass walls that tapered inwards.

Level 1 was a 5x5 chunk "green" area that contained all of my environmental dabblings; it had a tree farm, a biomass/biofuel refinery and a laboratory for bees and trees. My magical workshop was also on this level. I had animals roaming around it and it was very free range and tranquil.
Level 2 was a 3x3 chunk "industrial" area suspended a good distance below level 1 and contained all of my heavy machinery. It housed my ore refinery network, my charcoal plant and my tritium generation facility as well as all of my item storage/distribution and workshops.
Level 3 was a single 15x15 chunk secured with warded stone and an MFFS system. It was home to my fusion generator and my matter fabricator.

I never really got chance to do anything with the exterior of the base site, and hadn't decided on a theme for the view outside the glass. I was toying with ideas such as recreating a Nether Fortress/stronghold or building a gigantic sculpture of a demon encased in ice or something. Sadly, that's when the server went splat and it was all for naught.

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda like:

27724.jpg

But square, with glass walls, less floors and without the extra rooms at the bottom

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, Taco .. and yup, Dwappo .. that is the hive from RE1. :p .. it was the original inspiration for the build.

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Haters gonna hate, RE1 was pretty awesome.
I mean, it was BAD, but in a good way.
Like a toned-down version of Ghostbusters or Back to the Future.

^
Bad explanation for the win

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Haters gonna hate, RE1 was pretty awesome.
I mean, it was BAD, but in a good way.
Like a toned-down version of Ghostbusters or Back to the Future.

^
Bad explanation for the win

Woah, woah, woah! Back to the Future and Ghostbusters are the shit, man! Go wash your mouth out with soap, well, you typed that, wash your hands, mister!

tehBlobLord

Jul 29, 2019
Woah, woah, woah! Back to the Future and Ghostbusters are the shit, man! Go wash your mouth out with soap, well, you typed that, wash your hands, mister!
That's what I'm saying; they're amazing, but if you think too hard about them out of context you realise that they're pretty weird