Unbreakable (not easily breakable) transparent blocks?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kaikaku

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm working on an adventure mode mini-game. For this I'd like to use a transparent block (ideally with connected textures) that is either not or only very hard to break. All glas types I've checked so far can be broken with a sword, that's my problem.

Currently I'm thinking about using OpenBlock tanks, as they cannot be broken by hand, sword or axe.
As there will be only little pickaxe digging included this is okay, but I'd prefer one of the next solutions if any of this is possible:
  • Is there a mod that allows me to change the hardness of a block type?
  • Or can I somehow change the tools so they cannot break blocks?
  • Very nice would be if someone knows how to use NBT data to make blocks warded (thaumcraft).
  • Or something differnt?
Many thanks :)

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
I think thaumcraft re-added warded glass, which has connected textures.

Extra Utilities has obsidian glass, although I do not know if it requires a diamond pick or if it just bast resistant off the top of my head.

Reactions: Kaikaku

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Warded blocks will connect to other warded blocks. So use a glass of your choice and ward it. I recommend enderIO auite clear glass.

Reactions: Kaikaku

Kaikaku

Jul 29, 2019
if it is a premade map u could use thaumcraft warding to make blocks unbreakable
http://www.reddit.com/r/minecraftsuggestions/comments/1n0s22/setting_the_hardness_of_a_block/
Oh, the link to the command block explanation is very nice, thank you!

I think thaumcraft re-added warded glass, which has connected textures.
Extra Utilities has obsidian glass, although I do not know if it requires a diamond pick or if it just bast resistant off the top of my head.
I will check the obsi glass out. If this works for me, than this solution would be the least effort to use, thanks!

Warded blocks will connect to other warded blocks. So use a glass of your choice and ward it. I recommend enderIO auite clear glass.
Okay, didn't know that. Thanks!

Problem solved three times :)

Reactions: Gamefury64

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
Obsidian glass takes a while to break, is blast resistant, and you can harvest it with fists, so yeah, use that.

Kaikaku

Jul 29, 2019
After installing SquidAPI (as mentioned on your site) no more errors :oops:

Using your mod might also help me to replace the rather ugly bedrock I'm using atm.
I tried out a few things, but I'm not sure if I understand it fully (also first time using adventure mode...).
Let's say I'd like to make dirt very hard to dig and give it a high explsion resistance. What should I put in for [value]?

block modify property=hardness value=[value] block=minecraft:dirt
block modify property=resistance value=[value] block=minecraft:dirt

Kaikaku

Jul 29, 2019
[value] would be any decimal. You could do this in a simpler way by opening config/SquidUtils/Blocks.cfg, finding minecraft:dirt, and setting hardness to any decimal. I'm going a bit away from the scripting system in favor of actual configs.

Now it works :D
It seems that is doesn't work with ExtraUtilities glass (decorativeBlock2), but it does the trick with chisel glass. Thanks!

Config files are nice and easy, especially when learning about available options.
Scripts maybe better for keeping the overview of what is already done.