Unable to work with Thermal Expansion in FTB Direwolf20 1.10

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
S

Sgtsqruille

Hello!

It's been a while since I've done modded minecraft, and I was trying to get back into thermal expansion, however I am not finding a way to link my devices to power. Usually you have leadstone pipes available, but Thermal Expansion in this modpack does not have those. What can I use as a replacement?

Thanks!

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

It's been a while since I've done modded minecraft, and I was trying to get back into thermal expansion, however I am not finding a way to link my devices to power. Usually you have leadstone pipes available, but Thermal Expansion in this modpack does not have those. What can I use as a replacement?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, Thermal Dynamics (the duct side of the Thermal Expansion suite) hasn't been finished yet. The rest was released so pack makers could get things ready ahead of time (making unified ore generation, customising that ore generation in some cases, making sure the needed ores were there for future updates, etc.), and many packs have added both Thermal Foundation (the world gen side of the suite) and Thermal Expansion (the machine side of the suite) to packs in anticipation of TD release.

In the meantime, EnderIO Conduits may be your easiest option, as they seem to be one of a select group of pipes/conduits that works with everything. If you share what pack you are playing, we can look at the mod list for other alternatives as well.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
To give you an idea of the numbers involved:

EnderIO
Energy Conduit 1280 RF/t
Enhanced Energy Conduit 5120 RF/t
Ender Energy Conduit 20480 RF/t

Actually Additions
Energy Laser Relay 1000 RF/t
Advanced Energy Laser Relay 10000 RF/t
Extreme Energy Laser Relay 100000 RF/t

Am struggling to find RF/t values for the Draconic Evolution stuff, but there are three levels of that too.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Draconic Evolution

Basic Energy I/O Crystal : 500k RF/t, Max Links :2, Total RF/t - 1 Million RF/t
Wyvern Energy I/O Crystal: 500k RF/t, Max Links :3, Total RF/t - 1.5 Million RF/t
Draconic Energy I/O Crystal: 500k RF/t, Max Links :4, Total RF/t - 2 Million RF/t

So they're all the same, but depending on how many energy producers you have going at once, you can have upwards, of a 2 million RF/t transfer rate. Extremely resource intensive, but far superior (at least in terms of RF/t) to anything in the pack. Not sure if these are the maximum numbers, as I was only using creative energy producers to test, but evenso, they're quite superior.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame