unable to start server with error "Unable to create a manager"

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
L

ladderchair

Title:
unable to start server with error "Unable to create a manager"
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity Involved
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I'm trying to start a ftb server from a backup of a old ftb server I used to use on YAMS. A different minecraft server manager. It doesn't work and displays this error message and repeats it.

ERROR Unable to invoke method createAppender in class org.apache.logging.log4j.core.appender.RollingRandomAccessFileAppender for element RollingRandomAccessFile java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
2:21:34 PM CONSOLE: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create a manager
2:21:34 PM CONSOLE: ERROR Unable to create Appender of type RollingRandomAccessFile
2:21:34 PM CONSOLE: [STDERR]: [java.lang.Throwable$WrappedPrintStream:println:-1]: at java.lang.Runtime.exit(Unknown Source)
2:21:34 PM CONSOLE: ERROR Cannot access RandomAccessFile {}) java.io.FileNotFoundException: logs\fml-server-latest.log (The system cannot find the path specified)
I am using the latest McMyManager. And I have 16 gigs of ram. Also, this alls tarted after I went into the config for mcmymanager and increased the ram to 2.5 gigs

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Is the old backup the same mod pack?

If yes, then try to start the backup with the scripts available with the server download and when you see that it's working, then try the manager out. (i'm guessing it's at the manager it goes wrong)

And always post full logs using a paste service, easier to help with all information about your setup.

L

ladderchair

It was unable to create a log btw.
It isnt the manager because I posted it on their forum and they directed me here. Also I tested it on the Ftbstart.bat file and it came with the same error.