Unable to download the launcher from the website

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killerx09

Jul 29, 2019
Title says all really. Tried restarting the computer, using both chrome and internet explorer to attempt to download.

Location is Thailand, if it is any help at all.

EDIT: It's the creeperhost website, not this one.

aanthony3

Jul 29, 2019
You can't download it from this website yet. The download link can be found in the #ftblauncher irc channel and some other posts, it's currently hosted by creeper host.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Killerx09

Just to confirm, you're trying to download the Beta version from the Repo, is that correct?
What error are you getting when trying to download it? Just a blank screen?

Killerx09

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Killerx09

Just to confirm, you're trying to download the Beta version from the Repo, is that correct?
What error are you getting when trying to download it? Just a blank screen?

Yep, trying to download it from repo, nothing happening.

And when I say nothing happening, I literally mean it. When I press the download button the page just refreshes.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I tried both Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Still won't download.

My guess is that this is a regional problem. But i'm no computer expert :/
I ask, because I had a similar issue with IE (just trying to download)
I didn't have a problem getting it to download. I'm having a problem getting it to work :p
You may be correct with your theory. How's your internet connection? Do you have any firewalls or AV's that could be stopping the download?

corbin0622

Jul 29, 2019
i just had the same problem it was because i was using add blocker just turn it off and it will work fine

Killerx09

Jul 29, 2019
Nvm, problem has been solved. Had to install and uninstall adblock, as I had re-installed google chrome recently.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher is currently in beta and thus is not available for download direct off the site however people that are active around the community will know where to find it but this is not the official build and therefore will not be put on the site, if you hang out in the streams we have etc you should find it!

Killerx09

Jul 29, 2019
I ask, because I had a similar issue with IE (just trying to download)
I didn't have a problem getting it to download. I'm having a problem getting it to work :p
You may be correct with your theory. How's your internet connection? Do you have any firewalls or AV's that could be stopping the download?

Actually, now I'm having problems trying to get it to work. The launcher refuses to download mods, and pops up with this error message"

[INFO] loading modpack information...
[INFO] http://repo.creeperhost.net/direct/FTB2/443481699beac4d11ca90eea22df5c15/modpacks.xml
[ERROR] From Console: [Fatal Error] modpacks.xml:1:3: The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.
[ERROR] Exception during reading modpackfile

Status
Not open for further replies.