Windows .exe Unable to download modpack(s)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exerpt

Jul 29, 2019
Description of the Issue: Upon launching the FTB_Launcher.exe, creating my profile with valid login details, and selecting a modpack it begins to download but will do one of the following:
1. Download at a maximum speed of 10kb/s
2. Download will stop will error: "Unable to download modpack"
Note, i have never experienced this issue until today. You can imagine how long it takes to download 32mb at 10kb/s.

System Information:
Java: 1.7.X 64-Bit Offline
Feed The Beast Launcher: 1.2.2 (Run as an administrator by default)
Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware: Norton Internet Security 2013, Malware Bytes' Anti Malware
(Exceptions added to Firewall)
Download/Upload Speeds (In Megabits): 15mb/s down, 2mb/s up

Update:
Before posting this topic i tried to setup Feed The Beast on Elementary OS, a lightweight Ubuntu Distribution and it also fails to download the packs.

If anyone knows any solutions, or has a suggestion to fix the issue please let me know.

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Having the same issue as well, both last night and today when I'm trying to get a fresh download of the Magic World pack.

Caboose5216

Jul 29, 2019
Had the same issue, got it fixed though. Open the FTB Launcher, navigate to the Options tab and click "Advanced Options." For the download location, set it to the closest area. For some reason, when set on Auto, it was making me download at about 5Kb/s. Now that I changed it to Chicago 1, It downloads at my full DL speed of 20MBit/s. May work for you, may not, but it never hurts to try!

Reactions: halytech
Status
Not open for further replies.