Problem Unable to download .jar file for the "New" FTB app for Linux

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Hugemike94

Aug 2, 2020
Not sure if this is intended but whenever I attempt to download the Linux version of the FTB launcher I only find the .sh file for the modpack I was previously looking at.

Using the sh file I am able to get to the basic minecraft .jar file but I can't seem to get anything else to work properly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am very new to linux(ubuntu) and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Oddsvoltage

Aug 9, 2020
Im having the same issue both when I look at it on windows as well as on linux. So a update or some help would be nice.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Should be pretty straight forward, download the file and then run it.

Use wget and command line and set permissions if it fails via browser download.

spikey84

Sep 4, 2020
cant get the download link, I will go into more detail tmr cus it is late rn. Thanks for the help though :)

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
On https://feed-the-beast.com
1599297387855.png

This should work:
wget https://apps.modpacks.ch/FTBApp/rel.../FTBA_unix_202007161516-479dedc615-release.sh

Reactions: Tioxti

Tioxti

Sep 6, 2020
Hi,
I encountered a minor problem after executing the wget command and the .sh.
The text in the installer was always in very light grey, even when the background was white.
I think the error was my fault because running the .sh returned this text to me:
Gtk-Message: 14:43:18.585: Failure to load the "canberra-gtk-module".

(here is an example of how the installer looks like)
white_on_white_text.png

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Very strange - that should work.

Can you try and install the packages for gtk?