Unable to create directory

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
W

wlawr

Title Unable to create directory

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack Any but Pyramid Reborn of FTB

Modpack version 2.1.1

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue I had the 'trying to play inherits from unknown versions' error and have redownloaded Forge and repaired minecraft on the twitch app. However now my error is that when trying to start the game I get an unable to access, or unable to create directory error.
Unable to access file.
URL: https://launchermeta.mojang.com/mc/assets/1.12/e75e9535754c6f2158b0b18b35660f45c4495d78/1.12.json
Filename on disk: 1.12.json
Path: C:/Users\willi\OneDrive\Documents\Curse\Minecraft\Install\assets\indexes/1.12.json
Exists: true

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OmegaAssassin
W

wlawr

No none of the modpacks work at all. I’ve removed mcafee as well tp no avail and don’t have bytefence etc

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
Try moving MC installation of from onedrive.

Reactions: wlawr
W

wlawr

This is going to be a dumb question but moving it from onedrive... redownload? Or cut paste type? Bit of a simpleton nowadays.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Do the redownload - this will make sure to have folders created and the correct permissions set to files and folders.

When everything works and you want to bring saves over from the old location, then do copy / paste - avoid cut / paste.