Unable to add avatar picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
I've been trying to add an avatar picture and i just keep getting the following error message no matter what i do.
The error message said:
The following error occurred:
The image could not be processed by the server. Please try another or contact the site owner.

Been trying over 20 pictures, some of them in all three supported image file formats using different browsers on two different computers. But no matter what it just keeps telling me that it's unable to add the picture. I can even download other peoples avatar pictures and if i try to upload those i still get the same error message. Am i missing something?

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried Imgur.com?
It seems more like an internet connection-thing, though. But you don't seem to have that problem.
You need to have the picture in 200x 200 pixels, if you have a lot bigger (like 2000x 1500 pixels) then that might be what the forum can't process.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the fast reply
Uploading to imagur works fine and most the pictures i try to upload are small to medium resolution. I tried one that i cropped to exactly 200x200 and i still got that message. Though that image had transparency in it so i probably should try anothing that doesn't have that.

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
It's a problem with the forum, Give them time to find this thread and fix it.

I never got that message when trying to re upload my one to test this.

External links don't work for avatars.

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah i guess it's a issue with the forum :)
Been trying everything i can think of and it just refuses to accept anything from me.
Wouldn't surprise me if it's something caused by the battering the servers took yesterday :p

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
for Now you can use the gravitar option ...

Step 1. Go to Gravitar create an account and upload a picture and then set it to G rating.
Step 2. come back to the forums and go to change aviar and select the gravitar option enter your email address and click check.
follow the remaining steps to change your avatar

someimage

Jul 29, 2019
the image size or format will effect you when you are adding images vb.net . so you should use an image application to process images before uploading. your situation is kind of odd to me. any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.