Ultimate update changes, No config?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
So, I like gregtech, It adds a few things i find i like. But sadly, I'm an easy mode player.

Now I'm normally all for those who like it in hard mode, or even brutal, But i came across something in the "Detailed changes for Ultimate" That had me pretty sad. Because I wouldn't be able to keep it in my packs anymore.

I changed tons of Crafting Recipes, including Mixed Metal Ingots, Dense Copper Plates and almost every Machine. I won't add any Config to revert that massive change!

Wha..How Do... Wh.... No.. Greg... No, Stahp. If your going to change other mods recipes, you need to have a config to change them back to normal. I like you Greg, I really do, But your a bit to crazy for me now.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Same, I have been resisting updating for the last 2 weeks simply because I don't want to rework large parts of my autocrafting.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Correct me if I'm not wrong, but I believe he is only changing IC2 recipes in that reference. Though I agree if you have an auto-crafting setup it would be brutal.

@Bigglesworth: I agree with you he should have posted it there, but I'm pretty sure Greg still would not add an option.

Shadus

Jul 29, 2019
Feels like at some point Gregtech forgot that complexity doesn't equal monotony. Giving increased complexity is a noble goal that I support, but not at the price of taking it from being fun to being a full time job... and there's a lot of that in Gregtech and has been for a while now. Because of the cool stuff it added I was willing to "fix" the configs to disable the silly stuff on the server and keep making a new set of configs available for everyone who played on our server, but if he's starting to make that not an option, running the mod won't really be an option for us. Really wanted to update to 1.02 but the bugs are easier to deal with than pissed off players, lol.

ISun

Jul 29, 2019
Actually he didn't touched IC2 machine recipes (at least the vast majority of them), and the plating recipes aren't too bad the be honest, you just to process your Refined Iron/Copper/Tin through the plate bending thing, and that's it,
also in term of materials the recipes are actually cheaper. And i believe the he would add those recipes as a config option, sooner or later.
I get your point, but think the changes aren't too bad (at least at the IC2 side, don't know about his machine recipes).

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Wha..How Do... Wh.... No.. Greg... No, Stahp. If your going to change other mods recipes, you need to have a config to change them back to normal. I like you Greg, I really do, But your a bit to crazy for me now.

For the 100th time on this forum, and probably the thousandth on IC2s, the change that you may not revert is the old GregTech recipes. You can revert to IC2 base recipes for the mixed metal ingot. Which means you receive exactly two mixed metal ingots for every 9 source ingots, and you must used reinforced iron, bronze, and tin, with no choice in the matter.

What you may not do is return to the old GregTech recipes that used the rolling machine instead of the plate machine. You give up the potential of as many as 9 mixed metal ingots for 9 source ingots, if you choose the right metal types.

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
SOLUTION:

Download a mod called CustomStuff2

Use the easy text files to make your own recipies. (or remake the old ones).

Works great. You can make blocks, smelting recipies etc. When making items from another mod you just simply use the id currently assigned.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
SOLUTION:

Download a mod called CustomStuff2

Use the easy text files to make your own recipies. (or remake the old ones).

Works great. You can make blocks, smelting recipies etc. When making items from another mod you just simply use the id currently assigned.
ahem. while i gather it may be able to change shaped and shapeless(ie crafting table type) recipes, and also furnace type recipes, i do not see anything covering how to override custom handlers.

this seems to indicate it would fail to overwrite world recipes(things like factorization wrath igniter on iron block = dark iron) or gregs nested custom recipe classes he uses. not to mention no handling of power draw fromt he machine on a per recipe basis.

i can see given the world block interactionism it provides, a way to provide alternate world processing methods.

still a bit stymied on the custom bits.

furthermore, it lacks support for many an autocrafting system(applied energistics for example actually looks up recipes and compares them to molecular assembler patterns, red flagging any that aren't valid. makes it handy to set up patterns for multiple configs and swap them easily, but if the recipe doesn't exist it won't use it).

nei recipe lookup support?
recipe pattern fill in support?

so no, not seeming to be a valid option. would need a custom mod using the requisite ic2 and gt apis and hooking the respective recipes for overwrite during load/preinit.

if however you know something not on the respective wikipage or in the 860k "documentation" download for customstuff, please, pretty please, share. i want to be wrong on this one.

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
For the 100th time on this forum, and probably the thousandth on IC2s, the change that you may not revert is the old GregTech recipes. You can revert to IC2 base recipes for the mixed metal ingot.

His wording is really kinda bad if this is the case... Which i really hope is true by the way.

I also would'nt mind a link to his actual thread if there is such a thing on the forums. I'll admit, I searched, but was a bit lazy and only looked though a few pages...

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
His wording is really kinda bad if this is the case... Which i really hope is true by the way.

I also would'nt mind a link to his actual thread if there is such a thing on the forums. I'll admit, I searched, but was a bit lazy and only looked though a few pages...
I would agree his wording is poor, and you're unlikely to find him explaining it better on the IC2 forums, but feel free to look. That said, I can assure you that DoctorOr is correct.
http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7156&pageNo=1