ultimate solar helmet

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I am using DW20 pack.

It shows up in NEI, but doesn't show recipe. I searched the web and can't find it.

Can i get it with DW20 and if so what is the recipe.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
You can't get it without spawning it since it relies on advanced solars and DW20 has compact solars.

Edit: drats!

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
What would be the equivalent items to throw away, so i could get it from cheat window. Without feeling bad.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
It's not possible to get in the DW20 pack it requires the Advanced Solar Panels mod, which DW20 doesn't have (it has compact solars instead).

EDIT: Oops already said.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
What would be the equivalent items to throw away, so i could get it from cheat window. Without feeling bad.
I'd recommend looking at the recipe that FrozenBrain linked and then throwing away all the base ingredients, that way you have pretty much made it.

Chrono

Jul 29, 2019
Since direwolf uses compact solar instead of advanced machines, you can't get the ultimate sola helmet, however an upcoming update will bring us compact solar hats that function the same as the these solar helmets, hv solar hat being the counterpart of the ultimate solar helmet.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

Craft a CompactSolars HV solar array and throw that away. It's not so much the materials (a quarry gives you pretty much everything) as it's the time it takes to craft one.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Craft a CompactSolars HV solar array and throw that away. It's not so much the materials (a quarry gives you pretty much everything) as it's the time it takes to craft one.
A compact solar requires nowhere near as long to craft, since the default IC2 recipe is so cheap.

But then again, we're talking about a modpack that can transmute wood into gold, so....

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

An ultimate panel takes 18 iridium plates (72 ingots, 72 advanced alloys and 18 diamonds) as well as 48 UU matter and a ton of uranium and glowstone. There is no way a single quarry will provide it. CompactSolars is basically creative mode for EU

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
An ultimate panel takes 18 iridium plates (72 ingots, 72 advanced alloys and 18 diamonds) as well as 48 UU matter and a ton of uranium and glowstone. There is no way a single quarry will provide it. CompactSolars is basically creative mode for EU
To be entirely fair, HV Compact Solar does require 512 * Ingredients for one solar panel.

4096 Iron
3328 Copper
6656 Rubber
2048 Tin
1536 Coal
3072 Redstone
4096 Cobblestone
1536 Glass
+a few other Matls for the transformers

But with Equivalent Exchange and the default IC2 UUM Assembler (use the solar panels to make UUM, which is then used to make more solar panels), all of this is trivial.

But, yes, UU Matter and Iridium with GregTech is much harder to get (primarily with the rarity and inconsistency of Iridium generation).

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019

Any block that gives 512eu/t without any 'fuel' is creative mode for EU, no matter how much easily generated stuff it requires.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Any block that gives 512eu/t without any 'fuel' is creative mode for EU, no matter how much easily generated stuff it requires.
Why does everyone insist on making the game rape-me-in-the-ass hard?

I'm sure you're guilty of pumping lava from the Nether at some point. That's far more OP since it requires almost zero start-up cost and gives just as limitless energy.

Advanced Solars is my 2nd or 3rd favorite mod in FTB. Because he hasn't changed the recipe in response to "exploit Y breaks the recipe" bulls*** and creates a moving target in the game. Okay, yeah, it gives you tons of EU. So what?

Have you even made an Ultimate Hybrid Solar panel? Sure the f*** not. I have. I'd rather tear out my eyeballs than do it again.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
A compact solar requires nowhere near as long to craft, since the default IC2 recipe is so cheap.

But then again, we're talking about a modpack that can transmute wood into gold, so....

Don't turn this into another bitch about EE3

Phycoz

Jul 29, 2019
According to the newest Forgecraft video DW20 put out, there will be LV, MV, and HV solar "hats" at some point.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Why does everyone insist on making the game rape-me-in-the-ass hard?

I'm sure you're guilty of pumping lava from the Nether at some point. That's far more OP since it requires almost zero start-up cost and gives just as limitless energy.

Advanced Solars is my 2nd or 3rd favorite mod in FTB. Because he hasn't changed the recipe in response to "exploit Y breaks the recipe" bulls*** and creates a moving target in the game. Okay, yeah, it gives you tons of EU. So what?

Have you even made an Ultimate Hybrid Solar panel? Sure the f*** not. I have. I'd rather tear out my eyeballs than do it again.

Getting a bit emotionala are we?

Use your free solar power, i don't care how you play. But in my book it's just as cheesy as pumping lava from the nether.

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Now all of you please stop using these lava, solar, windmill and watermill, (bio)fuel->MJ->magma crucible..and start using IC2 nuclear power to produce your ultimate solar helm :p