ultimate pack on server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamski

Jul 29, 2019
well ill try explain this easy so you can get what has happened

on a server i play and admin on 2 days ago changed from mindcrack to ultimate pack kept same world and added mining age to spawn the new ores. today we logged on all green swamp land now have rivens in it even tho they didnt ( this was chunks loaded already not new 1's) in a base me and a friend built 1 chunk changed from green swamp land to tinga ( 1 with big tress and snow) all from lvl 60ish to 3 is gravel dirt and stone no ores, and at lvl 2 its flat bedrock. it removed 1/4 of our AE machines, secret room, chunk got changed, it was like that who chunk got reloaded . but all other green swampland biomes havnt changed like it did in our base so wondering has our map curropted from the porting mod packs or should i think that player got a hack and done this

after looking around it seems taiga biome has changed as it has squared off and hugh flat wars for that bio and snow and is changing everything

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
I think you had a chunk reset. It's something where minecraft tries to fix an error it encountered, and replaces the whole chunk with what it would be if it was newly generated. It's not common to happen, but it can happen sadly. If you look at Direwolf20's SMP series, you might see this happening every once in a while too. While mod developers try to not make this happen, it is nearly impossible to fully achieve this. Your best bet is to rebuild your base in creative I guess :(.

Jamski

Jul 29, 2019
well its not just our base everywhere on the map where any snow from extra biomesXL that use's snow its has changed them so to say to have anything from 5 to 50 block high flat wall running for many many blocks so i feel either something has changed in that mod or coz of the mod pack change it curropted the world

edit this is what we seeing almost at all snow bios in extra biomeXL

another edit no configs were changed in the bio to do this

Saitek2073

Jul 29, 2019
[DOUBLEPOST=1362585610][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think you had a chunk reset. It's something where minecraft tries to fix an error it encountered, and replaces the whole chunk with what it would be if it was newly generated. It's not common to happen, but it can happen sadly. If you look at Direwolf20's SMP series, you might see this happening every once in a while too. While mod developers try to not make this happen, it is nearly impossible to fully achieve this. Your best bet is to rebuild your base in creative I guess :(.
Odd thing is it is happen all over the map though

VANtheSven

Jul 29, 2019
those pictures show something that many people call chunk borders. it normally occurs whenever the terrain generation code changes (for example with the addition of jungle biomes etc.). I'd assume something changed either your seed or EBXL changed something in the code, which made it do this. Nothing really you can do about it, other than smoothening the borders (perhaps with an external tool like mcedit (use the latest beta or you will loose all of modblocks, or some kind of worldedit/voxelsniper). The changed chunk in your base still looks like a chunk reset to me.

Jamski

Jul 29, 2019
auto world saves every 5 hrs but because it was from mindcrack to ultimate we decided to do a map restart =3

Status
Not open for further replies.