Windows .jar [ULTIMATE] "Memory connection overburdened"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azgult

Jul 29, 2019
404 Not found. I'll give it a few minutes.
EDIT: It's downloading something which looks significantly larger now.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
The file shows as uploaded to dropbox on my end. I expect they are just being a bit slow on the turn around.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
404 Not found. I'll give it a few minutes.
EDIT: It's downloading something which looks significantly larger now.

I have a .BAT file that I setup that was intended to update a zip file for the game save, so I could just run it real quick after logging out of the game. Would keep a good running backup of the game save.

UNFORTUNATELY I apparently fubar'ed some switch setting somewhere and it was only updating files it already had at the start, and was not adding NEW files added to the game save directory. DOH!

Azgult

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. I've got the world now and had a quick look around. Everything looks fine to me and I haven't noticed any lag yet.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Hm. I've got the world now and had a quick look around. Everything looks fine to me and I haven't noticed any lag yet.

Did you find the giant ugly cube I call home? :)

Yeah the game runs like a champ for me initially. Give it about 5 to 10 minutes, run around and pillage stuff. The issue starts in the console window (which I keep maximized in my 2nd monitor) and initiates no matter WHERE I actually am in game. I've been in the Nether when it starts, in the Twilight, etc. Once it started while I was in a MystCraft "Void age".

Azgult

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... Still nothing. I'm going to afk a bit in your base and see if something happens.

EDIT: The "used memory" directly after garbage collection seems to be steadily increasing though, it was at 10% at the start and has reached 15% by now... I'll see if I can't track down the cause.

Azgult

Jul 29, 2019
Well, considering I've had it running for over an hour now I don't really think anything is going to happen. At some point the memory jumped back down to 9%, and although it started going up again I'm guessing it will just jump down again later on.

I tried memory sampling the game, but nothing stood out to the point that I'd say that could cause any trouble.

It would seem that this issue is at least in part not tied to the world, which would eliminate a lot of potential causes. Unfortunately it also leaves me without the slightest clue as to what could be the cause. It does however explain the oddity that the lag didn't persist, as in re-opening the world would "fix" it temporarily.

The only thing which occurs to me which might be a cause (although it shouldn't) is that perhaps the garbage collector isn't doing it's job properly. I am at a loss, although it could be a java issue, so do update to the latest java.

Also one last thing to try with a backed-up world: disable the mods one at a time (or disable sets of them or something) to try to isolate the problem if a mod is causing it.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I am in the process of uninstalling Java, rebooting... and installing Java completely fresh. Then I will back up all my altered config files and completely blank out the FTB Ultimate folder.. so I can redownload it. If the issue persists after all of this then I'll be at a loss.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
So... Here I am. lol

Please follow the link in my thread about logs, and post the console log and crash log. This time only you can attach them here if you want. (Usually I don't open attachments)

This will give me a better idea of what is wrong.

Reactions: Vaygrim

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Just for further detail, this is another copy of the log where the issue starts up.. but this time in debug mode. (ZIP'ing the txt file is the only way it would upload, otherwise the file is too large. Sorry!)

I will try your suggestions and get back to you.

Attachments

• ForgeModLoader-client-0.zip
    74.6 KB · Views: 59

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Hm... Some ideas on what might work. (please do even if you already have)
  1. You've backed up your saves right?
  2. Read line #1 again.
  3. DELETE everything in your FTB folder "I:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\.ftb\" Including the .ftb folder
  4. Delete the FTB launcher folder. (It's in your appdata folder) "I:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\.ftb\".
  5. Delete the launcher
Now....
  1. Re-download the launcher
  2. When you start the launcher, it asks for install folder, change it to "I:\FTB\" without the quotes
  3. Go to the options tab.
    • Force update
    • Additional Java parameters (Use the ones from the link in my signature)
    • Make sure show console is selected
    • make sure re-open launcher is NOT selected
  4. Select your modpack, and launch
When you get to the minecraft screen, Exit.

Re-open the launcher, change the console log level to debug, and re-launch your mod-pack (use the recommended version). Did it ask you to update? update and repeat this step until it is all the way updated.

Re-create the issue. Close minecraft AND DO NOT REOPEN THE LAUNCHER.
Post the console log to here as attachment or pastebin.

All this is doing is getting us to a base level install where I can help you better.

• Deleting everything will make sure something is not corrupted
  • Setting the install path will rule out permissions
  • Updating will make sure your fully updated
  • Debug mode on the console will give me the info I need.

Reactions: Vaygrim

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. Backed up my install to a zip file. Completely redownloaded and reinstalled FTB to a new install path that puts it in the same directory all my other games are installed to. Completely redownloaded it, and kept going through and forcing it to update until it stopped asking me to update. Loaded up a brand new game world (no other settings adjustments or existing game saves) and the issue starts up at the 3 minute mark.

I then copied my game world back in, and copied back a small half-dozen or so configuration files that adjust some basic settings (GregTech to easy mode, adjusting the cleanup timer in ChickenChunks, etc). Started FTB Ultimate back up AGAIN.. logged into my pre-existing game this time with the adjusting settings files. Console log still set to DEBUG. Ran into the problem AGAIN at around the 5 minute mark, so I saved and quit... then went to analyze the log. I have noticed a trend, too.

2013-03-14 13:19:10 [INFO] [STDOUT] chat false
2013-03-14 13:19:16 [INFO] [STDOUT] Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 1 to go!
The error message that starts spamming the console and slowing down the game is the 2nd line. I have gone back through all the saved log files and noticed that "chat false" error message shows up IMMEDIATELY before the error starts... every single time. What the heck IS that?

Attachments

• ForgeModLoader-client-0.txt
    794.5 KB · Views: 47

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
OKAY! I firmly believe that I finally have a grasp on what is causing the problem.

Right before the error message about "Memory Connection Overburdened" starts up, I see a few text messages. The first one in the Console Log which states simply.. "Chat False". At the same time as this I see a text message pop up in game that says "One way block set to facing away!!". THEN the error message starts spamming the console and performance gets slower and slower. Well I did some research and figured out that there is a keybind to set the direction blocks from the Secret Rooms / Secret Doors mod are facing when you place them. The keybind for that is set to "END" on my computer, so I'm never hitting it by accident. Apparently however the mod thinks that I am hitting it.

So.. I disabled the Secret Rooms / Secret Doors mod and started the game back up otherwise normal. Logged into my pre-existing SSP game for Ultimate and played for 45 minutes without incident! YAY!

Never ran across the error. Never had the steady decrease in performance, nada. All worked just fine and smooth.

DylanP

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm removing secret rooms fixed other peoples errors on my server.

Error didn't effect me, but fixed our server issue. Thing is when we load the map it seams secret rooms, makes a secret room to find ? and every time we load the map we can see the error. This might be good as it does sound like a fun mod that might get an update to fix in the future

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Can confirm that this bug happens, I have it too any time the "one way block facing" gets triggered by accident. I don't want to ditch secret doors though, so going to figure out if I can unbind the key or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.