Two repeatable bugs. Best place I can find to report them.

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

CocaineConga

Jul 29, 2019
This is the best place I can find to post bugs, hopefully it works. They're not technically problems with the launcher, rather with the game and mods, but the only mods I have installed are standard FTB.

The first one happens when I'm in creative mode on a survival server hosted locally (haven't tried it on any other server). When I open the inventory and type ba it crashes as soon as I type a. This is the only letter combination that I've come across that crashes it and tested it multiple times. I haven't specifically looked for other combinations that crash it. Crash log is attached.

The other much more annoying bug is that I can't craft certain items. The two that I've had problems with so far are the macerator and the windmill. When I put the correct crafting combination in the craft table, the item shows up on the other side, but when I try to take it out, it will drag with my mouse for a fraction of a second, then snap back. During that small amount of time the ingredients disappear, coming back when the block snaps back. The same happens if I shift click, except it shows up in my inventory for a split second. The only other IC block I've made is a batbox, which works fine, as do non-block items.

If you want more info about either bug, let me know and I'll be happy to give it.

Attachments

• crash-2012-11-11_19.21.08-client.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 117

Draylynn

Jul 29, 2019
Several of our users are also seeing this with other items. BuildCraft's Quarry for example, just can't remove the item from the crafting table after it's been made.
Looking at one of our users as I post, only major error I can find in the FML log on the server: http://pastebin.com/73LhUTLc

Tested this against their servers and then against SSP, appears to be something server side screwing up.

enoch

Jul 29, 2019
Per Vauthil, who has helped me on on this same issue with the macerator, quarry, and other machine crafting:

Halt the server, Copy the GregTech.cfg file from the client's config directory up to your server's config directory, restart the server. It's a mis-synchronization of recipes because the server pack is using the GregTech "expensive" versions while the client pack has that turned off.
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/ind...-to-craft-nonfunctional-in-smp.880/#post-9742

As for your first problem, I'm not sure, possibly an issue with NEI. On SMP and survival single player, I don't have that issue.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, the latter sounds like mis-synchronization (it's an issue I immediately recognized because I intentionally turned off crafting recipes without pushing a client config before and that's how it behaves when what the client expects the recipe to be is different from what the server expects).

The former is an issue when finding the balsa sapling in Creative Inventory, i.e. a known Forestry issue. That was also creating the "invisible items" issues people were seeing in NEI until recently. Basically just stay away from the bottom of that inventory page or from searching for something that'll match that until we see a Forestry patch.

CocaineConga

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks enoch, that solved my crafting problem!

The former is an issue when finding the balsa sapling in Creative Inventory, i.e. a known Forestry issue.
cool, thanks for the info. It should be easy enough to avoid that.

Status
Not open for further replies.