Problem Twitch

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
T

TeemoCell

Hello, why the fuck is Twitch auto downloading and why do i need to create an account to Login in the FTB Launcher. I dont want a Twitch account, i dont want that shitty spam mails from Twitch and i dont use it.

Reactions: ICountFrom0

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Because Twitch bought out Curse that owned the previous (but not the previous-previous as in legacy) launcher, so now it is rolled into the Twitch App.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Yeah, no one is a fan. Curse was nearly as intrusive, IMO, too. But this world in which we inhabit, you got two choices. Accept the little things and move on with your life, or fix it. Right now, there's not really a fix, so, I'd recommend the latter.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Wait, people still get spam email?

I haven't seen spam since I made my gmail account about 15 years ago.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Hello, why the fuck is Twitch auto downloading and why do i need to create an account to Login in the FTB Launcher

Twitch app and FTB launcher are 2 different things.

You can still get the FTB launcher if you want to use that instead, on the main starting page there's a red download button, pressing that will get you the Twitch App.

Under that button - marked as legacy - is the FTB launcher.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Twitch app and FTB launcher are 2 different things.

You can still get the FTB launcher if you want to use that instead, on the main starting page there's a red download button, pressing that will get you the Twitch App.

Under that button - marked as legacy - is the FTB launcher.
that is true but I was told along the time that agrarian skies 2 came out that some packs would only be available on the twitch launcher and that they were phasing out the legacy.

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, why the fuck is Twitch auto downloading and why do i need to create an account to Login in the FTB Launcher. I dont want a Twitch account, i dont want that shitty spam mails from Twitch and i dont use it.
You need MultiMC!

https://multimc.org/

Screw Twitch accounts and their spam, use a free and very good working launcher!
Link you MC account in it, download the FTB zip, create an instance in MultiMC and point it to the zip. The watch the magic happen. (you might set some memory tweaks, but that's quite easy as well)

(Disclaimer; I have nothing to do with MultiMC except I use it. I hate the forced upon account creation of twitch/Curse as well!!)

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
MultiMC works very well and does not eat system resources like the Twitch monster but keep in mind that you will have to update manually, which isn't hard but it's not cut and dried like it was in the FTB Launcher and the Twitch Launcher. And you will need to learn a little about how Minecraft is Modded so you can tweek/repair issues that crop up. The Learning Curve is quite shallow though and in the End it is a much better experience over all.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
MultiMC works very well and does not eat system resources like the Twitch monster but keep in mind that you will have to update manually, which isn't hard but it's not cut and dried like it was in the FTB Launcher and the Twitch Launcher. And you will need to learn a little about how Minecraft is Modded so you can tweek/repair issues that crop up. The Learning Curve is quite shallow though and in the End it is a much better experience over all.

why would you need more knowledge about modded MC when using multiMC instead of twitch? Unless you aren't talking about just installing a pack. Pretty sure MultiMC can now just use the manifest files from curse to install packs for you.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Correct, MultiMC can install a pack via the manifest file with no issues. I was just referring to making minor tweaks that are easier with the Launchers versus using MultiMC. Adding/removing mods is easy but not as easy as "select mod - push button". You have to download the mod json/zip and know where to put it. Then where the configs are if anything needs to be adjusted. As I said, not a steep curve but it's not plug and play like the Launcher. You need to at least know which of the big "things" under the hood is the engine.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Correct, MultiMC can install a pack via the manifest file with no issues. I was just referring to making minor tweaks that are easier with the Launchers versus using MultiMC. Adding/removing mods is easy but not as easy as "select mod - push button". You have to download the mod json/zip and know where to put it. Then where the configs are if anything needs to be adjusted. As I said, not a steep curve but it's not plug and play like the Launcher. You need to at least know which of the big "things" under the hood is the engine.
MultiMC has a very easy click to enable/disable mod interface.

Select the pack in question, select Edit Instance from the menu on the right side, select Loader Mods from the menu on the left. Pick and choose as you desire. You can edit resource packs in the same location. You can also select a mod, then select 'config folder' to bring that up in a new window for you to customize, assuming the mod doesn't have the ability to modify config files from within minecraft (which more are doing these days).