Twitch Launcher -- Infinity Reloaded Stuck At 84%

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I know this is a forum for FTB stuff but figured maybe someone here would have some ideas on this since it was based on an FTB pack.

I'm using the Twitch Launcher and am unable to load Infinity Reloaded. I've manually closed the launcher three times now because it always gets stuck at 84%. It's always right there. It doesn't crash, it just doesn't go any further. Java is still sucking 75-80% of the CPU even when the launcher isn't progressing. It's so weird. If I leave it long enough, it crashes and gives "exit code 0."

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
I saw in the Twitch Launcher that they're dumping mods into a new app run by Overwolf and decided to move over there now rather than waiting a week until they drop support from the Twitch app. I found the same mod pack in the new launcher so I could try it there and found some interesting stuff.

Whereas in the Twitch Launcher it just had an overall percentage, the new Curse Launcher breaks out the pieces into three loading bars like Infinity Evolved was on my desktop (currently dead, hopefully will return soon). There, I discovered that around the *roughly* 84% point, the launcher's loading process slows waaaaaaaaaay down.

When loading JEI, it has roughly 177k recipes to load, and it's loaded perhaps 3k in the last 5-6 minutes.

Yeah, JEI is giving my laptop loading issues. I'm sure it was the same in the other launcher but here it's just broken out where I can kinda see it happening.

Anyone have ideas on fixes given the newly discovered info?

Attachments

• MC.jpg
    MC.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 43

Brotuulaan

Jan 14, 2018
Eh, I think I spoke too soon. This new launcher uses around 90% of my CPU, and it got stuck at 166,465 recipes and wouldn't go any further. I let it sit for about ten minutes and it didn't budge. I just manually stopped it and it gave the same error. So I guess I'm back to where I started. At least I haven't lost a world I'd been working on.