Twitch: "failed to get mod loader from manifest"

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Posting here as another source of potential help. (I've looked online for an answer, and also sent an email to twitch support)

I've updated my modpack (same process that I've been following for weeks), but it's been reported to me that it doesn't install, with an error of "Failed to get mod loader from manifest".

I've tried installing myself, and get the same error.

Has anyone else encountered this and know of a solution? Sounds like a twitch issue to me.

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
The log isn't exactly relevant for this, seeing as it's an installation error, not a MC error. Sounds like something broke with either Twitch's parsing of the manifest file in their zip, or with the generation of the manifest file though.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
The log isn't exactly relevant for this, seeing as it's an installation error, not a MC error. Sounds like something broke with either Twitch's parsing of the manifest file in their zip, or with the generation of the manifest file though.
Yep. I've downloaded the zip directly from curse, and installed the pack just fine using Multi-MC. So definitely a twitch issue.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Finally got a reply from Twitch Support:

It appears, that your modpack uses “a bad version of forge” can’t be uploaded due to a bad zip or corruption.

Please try recreating your modpack with a different point of release for your Forge Version.

Err, somehow I can't believe that, especially when I can download the zip from Curse, and install it in Multi-MC just fine.

Reactions: adamich