Twitch/Curse launcher not seeing my modpacks

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
So, I'm using the Curse/Twitch Launcher, like I've been doing for almost a year, and ALL of my modpack profiles have disappeared. They are still installed, if I look in the Documents/Curse/Instances folder, but the Launcher doesn't see them. Is there a way to refresh the list?

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
for me it helped to restart twitch (make sure to exit), and then they all came back in the list

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
for me it helped to restart twitch (make sure to exit), and then they all came back in the list

Yeah, it took a couple of restarts - including one where it didn't even recognize I had Minecraft installed. >_>

Twitch gonna twitch, I guess.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yeah, it took a couple of restarts - including one where it didn't even recognize I had Minecraft installed. >_>

Twitch gonna twitch, I guess.
I've had the same issue, as have a few other people I've spoken to. Its a pain in the arse, but at least you know its not just you!

Reactions: OniyaMCD

Zettt

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a more reliable way to get the new Twitch launcher running other than "try opening it a couple of times"? It doesn't work for me. I've had this issue for a couple of weeks now. I don't know what they do at the Twitch offices but testing ain't one of their priorities.

Zettt

Jul 29, 2019
I figured it out. I read on Reddit that logging out, and then back in again resolves the issue. That did the trick for me as well. I hope this information is useful to someone else too.

N8PITTS

Sep 14, 2019
Why is this happening tho? I've had this happen multiple times this year! And loging in and out several times is not easy thanks to the fact that twitch also made me change my password! and it wouldn't allow me to do anything reasonable so I now have a 23 digit password I have to read off from a sticky note! Why is twitch like this?!?!