Twilight Forest Portal

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dark_Arkon

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, so I'm trying to set up that server still, and I'm still looking to force everyone to start off in the Twilight Forest. What I'm trying to do now is change the item used to spawn the portal from a diamond to the Snow Queen Trophy, that way people have to play through the Twilight Forest before being able to get out. I know there's a config option in the Twilight Forest's config, but I can't seem to get it to work. By default it has "diamond" down. I've tried changing it to "Snow Queen Trophy", "SnowQueenTrophy", and "snowqueentrophy". But when I drop a snow queen trophy in the 2x2 water to spawn the portal it doesn't work. I try a diamond and it works. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be awesome, thanks guys.

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

trinityamc

Jul 29, 2019
The Name of the Trophy is Different kinda complicated but i Dont remember It though
But i really like That idea :)

Gesendet von meinem D6603 mit Tapatalk

Dark_Arkon

Jul 29, 2019
Your right on track with the complicated name. I gave myself the queen's trophy using its item id and looked at its name, its "TwilightForest:item.trophy"
I punched that into the config and it worked, but it works with any trophy, I'd like to specify just the snow queens trophy if anyone knows how.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
hmmm maybe its time for minetweaker , u could make a recipe using it with using the trophy from the ice queen in the recipe so if anyone wants to open a the portal they need to get an item thats only possible to get by using the ice queen trophy in a recipe ,this leads to the need of an item that is impossible to get any other way (ignoring spawning in the ithem) then u mark this ithem as the trigger to the portal opening

side note nether portals u might wanna check if people can escape using them as if they can this defeats the entire point of trying to seal them away in the twilight Forrest before they slay the ice queen

Dark_Arkon

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm maybe its time for minetweaker , u could make a recipe using it with using the trophy from the ice queen in the recipe so if anyone wants to open a the portal they need to get an item thats only possible to get by using the ice queen trophy in a recipe ,this leads to the need of an item that is impossible to get any other way (ignoring spawning in the ithem) then u mark this ithem as the trigger to the portal opening

side note nether portals u might wanna check if people can escape using them as if they can this defeats the entire point of trying to seal them away in the twilight Forrest before they slay the ice queen
....complicated.
But your right about the nether portals. I'll have to look into that. Never thought of making one in the Twilight. Going to have to try that and see what it does. Thanks.

Anyone else know how to specify the snow queens trophy in the Twilight forest config for the portal creation item?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
theres a mod that makes adding simple(simple is normal crafting recipes like the ones in a vannila crafting table ) crafting recipes in via minetweaker easier.
MineTweakerRecipeMaker is its name , as u would expect minetweaker being installed is a pre-req

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
....complicated.
But your right about the nether portals. I'll have to look into that. Never thought of making one in the Twilight. Going to have to try that and see what it does. Thanks.

Anyone else know how to specify the snow queens trophy in the Twilight forest config for the portal creation item?
Nether Portals do, in fact, allow the player to get back to the overworld.
Just download Minetweaker and remove the recipe for flint and steel.

For the snow queen trophy... It boils down to finding the unlocalized name and metadata. Have you tried "TwilightForest:item.trophy:4"?

If you want a totally custom portal trigger item, you'll want Custom Items (I think that's the name) with which you can add an item. You can then use Minetweaker to give it a recipe. You could also just use Minetweaker to give a recipe using the snow queen trophy to an existing but unacquirable-in-the-twighlight-forest item, and then set that as the trigger.
I've never used MineTweakerRecipeMaker; Minetweaker itself is fairly easy to use if you follow the tutorial.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Nether Portals do, in fact, allow the player to get back to the overworld.
Just download Minetweaker and remove the recipe for flint and steel.

For the snow queen trophy... It boils down to finding the unlocalized name and metadata. Have you tried "TwilightForest:item.trophy:4"?
-snip-
ty for agreeing with me but just killing the recipe for flint and steel will not work due to fire charges lighting nether portals and ghasts lighting nether portals if u get the shot right

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
ty for agreeing with me but just killing the recipe for flint and steel will not work due to fire charges lighting nether portals and ghasts lighting nether portals if u get the shot right
Kill the firecharge recipe; you won't find any ghasts in the Twilight Forest, so that's not an issue either.
There is no unsolvable problem! :D
(nobody uses flint and steel OR fire charges, really; so it's not an issue)

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Kill the firecharge recipe; you won't find any ghasts in the Twilight Forest, so that's not an issue either.
There is no unsolvable problem! :D
(nobody uses flint and steel OR fire charges, really; so it's not an issue)

you forgot the ur ghasts tower it has ghast like creatures in there what are the chances they shoot a similar enough projectile to the vannila ghast so that it does activate portals

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The issue with trying to eliminate ways to start fires to light a portal is that you cannot get rid of them all. If we ignore ghasts, fire charges, and the flint and steel, I can still get a fire lit and start a portal. You would have to eliminate lightning, the fire swamps, and anything else that can start a fire. It's something that's rather difficult to do.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Eliminate the easy ways; if someone is determined to break the map, then let them. If they don't want to experience it properly, it's their fault. :p

... Plus some of those are pretty hard to get to work.

Dark_Arkon

Jul 29, 2019
Man you guys are awesome with your ideas. So I've settled on using the Alpha yeti's fur that he drops. That item is easy enough to log into the config. And yes I did try "Twilight Forest:item.trophy:4" or was it with a ".4" I don't remember. But alpha yeti fur for the win.

As for the nether portal, there is absolutely no way to stop it from being lite. Between all the different fires and lava sorces it's just unreasonable. What I'm looking at now is just disabling the nether portal or even the nether its self all together. I don't think we even need the nether when we have the ur ghast tower. It has soul sand, nether wart, blaze spawners, nether rack (which can be turned into nether brick) and of course all the ghast tears anyone could ask for, for the small fee of risking your life. :)

So does anyone know of a way to disable either the nether portal, or the nether its self?

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Dark_Arkon

Jul 29, 2019
You can disable a lot of stuff with Sprinkles_for_vanilla. It's possible to prevent lighting the Nether portals and even prevent people teleporting with Nether portals at all if there are portals anywhere.
Just took a look at this mod and I'm wondering why I've never seen it before o_O
Looks like it'll do what I need but I'll have to check in the morning. Its almost midnight here and my wife is going to hit me if I don't go to bed. Thanks guys, I'll let ya know if that mod works for me :)