Twilight forest not working

Devon

Jul 29, 2019
So i ran 2 different mod packs (both said to include twilight forest) and The portal doesn't work.

I made the portal just like I was told, threw the diamond in, and nothing happens.

HELP

wolfpax181

Jul 29, 2019
Could we get a pic of your setup?

I tend to use the vanilla minecraft red and yellow flowers for the surrounding flowers. If you're not using those, try switching to them. Some of the plants added by other mods might not be recognized.

SkyBoy96

Jul 29, 2019
From what I have heard, you need flowers or other natural stuff around a 2x2 pit, and fill the pit with water

Shaya

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same problem.
I dug out 2x2 in dirt, only dirt around and below, filled it with water, used only vanilla flowers, threw in the diamond, but nothing happens. I've been trying to google it, but can't seem to find that much on it :/

__HATE__

Jul 29, 2019
I've only done it with yellow and red flowers but the steps I took where.
- Dig 2x2 hole (the times I've done it the dirt blocks around the hole had grass on them I'm not sure if this matters or not)
- Make an infinite water source in the hole (bucket of water in 2 corners)
- Surround hole with flowers (should be 12 flowers total) Diagram: X=Flowers O=Water
XXXX
XOOX
XOOX
XXXX
- Throw a diamond in and it should change into a portal.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
As saod, you have to fuly surround it with flowers, so don't forget the corners, you still have to put plants in them.
(You'd be surprised at the amount of people that miss this. :p)

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I made on yesterday and found out that it won't work with 8 flowers. You need 12.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I just tried it on a new world with Direwolf20 and it worked, some of the flowers were mod flowers too. Bear in mind that if you have 6 or more Mystcraft ages, then there will be a world ID conflict with Twilight Forest which uses ID 7 by default and Mystcraft will have already created a world with ID 7.

Squidword

Jul 29, 2019
Um brining back this thread a little bit but, Hey.
I have been having trouble making a twilight forest portal on FTB infinity 1.1.0, I was wondering if anyone could help.
2015-02-28_10.55.40.png

I have made the portal but it is not working. I have no idea why it isn't.
-Squidword

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
it is in the vanilla world. Does it have to be made in the spawn chunks?
No. Too high up maybe? If there's no Twilight Forest landscape near that Y-level then it might not be able to form the other side. Have you added any other mods that add dimensions, that might conflict with TF's chosen dimension number?

Squidword

Jul 29, 2019
I have not changed and config files or anything. So maybe it is just where it is and the height. But I have tried it in a few places and it has not worked. They were all at different heights. Also any idea how to get to Creative+ in TMI?

D

durandt

OK if you want to know how to fix this in single player.
First go to AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/config , now open the twilightForest.cfg with notepad. from there scroll to this line.
"# Disable Twilight Forest portal creation entirely. Provided for server operators looking to restrict action to the dimension.
B:DisablePortalCreation=false"

default it will equal true so just turn it into false

Donkeyddd

Aug 13, 2021
hey i really need help, i was playing on the direwolf 20 and i am using the server pack that is on the cusedforge website, however, whilst playing on my server, i tried to do a portal, using the 2 x 2 with 8 and 12 flowers and both portal attempts failed, can anyone tell me why this is and any changes i might have to make to my server

ik they made it a 3x3 portal, but this pack is for 1.12.2 so i think 2x2 is correct for this pack