twilight forest freezing every few seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kr0nZ

Jul 29, 2019
Im on using the Unleashed Modpack and have this problem that whenever I go into the twilight forest or a mystcraft age with twilight biomes, my game freezes every few seconds, it seems to be whenever I cross a chunk border, I can move around in a single chunk but as soon as I cross the chunk border my game will freeze anywhere from 5 to 30 seconds.

Is their anything I can do to stop this? It is getting really annoying, I never had this problem on mindcrack or ultimate.

I have no freezing problems in the overworld, this only happens with twilight forest, even in the mystcraft age I can travel through normal biomes fine, but if a twilight forest biome is close by I will start freezing.

Ive tried with and without optifine, with all setting on minimum even tiny render distance, but nothing seems to help

Fe2O3

Jul 29, 2019
Had the same issue, solved it by giving java more than 1 gb, you can set this in the launcher options. Alternatively you could opt to lower the graphics settings a bit, all those trees (it is a forest after all) with the shiny bugs and other props that spawn make it typically more demanding than a normal minecraft biome.

Either should help increase performance tho.

TheRec

Jul 29, 2019
I already had 4GB allocated and I've bumped it to 8GB before posting (on 16GB total.. I run Windows 7 x64 and Java version is also x64) with no change.
My CPU is an Intel Core i7 2700K (3.50GHz) and my GPU is a Nvidia GTX 580 (with 1.5GB GDDR5) so I do not see the ressources available as problematic but maybe I am wrong, if so what should be improved?

As mentioned by Kr0nZ playing with the minimal settings (no fancy graphics, no particles, etc.) does not change anything.
The only thing I found partially working is when I get out of the biome that has a lot of Fireflies and Cicadae it does not freeze as much but it still occasionally freezes. I've been playing a lot on FTB Ultimate 1.1.2 (for 1.4.7) and I have never experienced this with the exact same setup and configurations, it only started since I've started playing FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 (for 1.5.2).

Shadowzfire

Jul 29, 2019
Bumping this thread as it is an issue on my side as well. Googling does not seem to help either. Usually I'm self-sufficient enough to find a solution to this problem, but this one is a bit annoying.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I already had 4GB allocated and I've bumped it to 8GB before posting (on 16GB total.. I run Windows 7 x64 and Java version is also x64) with no change.
My CPU is an Intel Core i7 2700K (3.50GHz) and my GPU is a Nvidia GTX 580 (with 1.5GB GDDR5) so I do not see the ressources available as problematic but maybe I am wrong, if so what should be improved?

As mentioned by Kr0nZ playing with the minimal settings (no fancy graphics, no particles, etc.) does not change anything.
The only thing I found partially working is when I get out of the biome that has a lot of Fireflies and Cicadae it does not freeze as much but it still occasionally freezes. I've been playing a lot on FTB Ultimate 1.1.2 (for 1.4.7) and I have never experienced this with the exact same setup and configurations, it only started since I've started playing FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 (for 1.5.2).

Don't give java anymore than 5gb and 4gb is more than enough.

Reactions: Shadowzfire
Status
Not open for further replies.