Twilight Forest and Wisps...?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Oiccaps

Jul 29, 2019
I found a small hillock dugout Picture 1.jpgPicture 2.jpgPicture 3.jpg

For some odd reason hostile Wisps continue to spawn inside the place. I'm trying to make this a makeshift Twilight home. Anyone have any idea how I can rid the dugout of these pesky SOB's. More over why are they even spawning here? I didn't think Thaum and TF worked hand in hand. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft has a dark node in there and it generates flux naturally. Just close it up and walk away. Fixing that is too much of a pain.

Reactions: Saice

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
That is a normal thuamcraft hollow hill, they spawn randomly as part of the normal world gen added by the mod and have nothing to do with Twlight forest.

Also I am afraid to tell you that you have to move as there is a very nasty invisible surprise in the middle of your third screen shot.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Go in creative mode momentarily and give yourself a pair of goggles of revealing. You'll then understand the problem. ;)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
yeah as stated that is a dark node. it will always make wisps.

The is a short term and long term fix you can use though

Short term : Glass box. it should be in the middel of the top floor so a large glass box even without googles should trap them. Or you can watch it for a bit and you will see that they all spawn about the same palce. The key her is box not block. There needs to be air inside for them to spawn.

Long term : use silver wood trees to make a pure node that is bigger then the dark and have them merge. This is long term becuase you need to get into Thuamcraft to get all the stuff you will need to make this happen.

Of course moving also works. Just be mindful with TC3 all the special buildings even vinilla ones will have a node in them. But only the mounds like the one you found normaly have the dark version.