Problem Twerking trees

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
A

ankido

Hi,

I've had many issues with twerking trees. This is become ridiculous especially in the Stoneblock mod packs. I'm sorry to say but I don't have all day to sit around twerking for 5 mins to make a tree grow. I'm not one to tweak with settings or know how to do it. I want to twerk max 5 seconds. I literally sat here for 2 mins twerking and the tree didn't grow. I'm in a 9x9 room as you start in with Stoneblock. I've set a dirt patch in the middle of the room with a torch next to it and twerk forever. Can you for the love of God make twerking a lot less annoying? I have a life outside of video games and I would like to progress steady in the mod packs. Not sit here spending my life twerking.

Thanks!

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
If the room is sufficiently high the tree should grow after 2-3 "bonemeals" from twerking.
If it is having that much trouble growing I would suggest building up and taking out 2-3 more layers from the roof.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I've sometimes had problems with a torch being exactly next to the sapling - try putting it on the diagonal.

A

ankido

I've tried everything. I've gone up and knocked out more than 3 layers. I've put the sappling alone in a 9x9 room and it still doesn't grow. Sky Factory 3 had no issues at all. Place the sappling and twerk. Max was 8 seconds and that itself would grow a large tree. As with these new mod packs, twerking seems to be no effect. I believe the ceiling is 10 blocks high from the ground. That's more than enough for a tree to grow in the middle of the room with nothing surrounding it. There's something wrong with the mod itself and needs to be adjusted accordingly to work. I've also noticed it takes 5 seconds before the effect kicks in and begins to sparkle. The author of stoneblock should know there might be issues with twerking and fix it. I played Stoneblock maybe 10 mins and Stoneblock 2 a lot less because of this issue.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played Stoneblock 2, but had no problems whatsoever with twerking in Stoneblock 1.

EDIT - meant to say - I was only using it for vanilla oak saplings.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
Add to ceiling 2-3 blocks, move dirt block to another position, twerk on another side of tree, do a step 1 block back and twerk, do a step right or left and twerk.
It is evil random, it is checking You.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
As 4,572 other minecrafters have already stated... :D

I received a spruce sapling from my first dirt block, and then I twerked for like five minutes before I realized there was probably something wrong. Luckily, I immediately determined the correct solution - dig up to the ceiling so I could reach those blocks, and remove two layers... perhaps one block was sufficient but I removed two blocks just to be sure. From that point forward, my spruces grew after just a few twerks.

Also, my torch was directly adjacent to the sapling/dirt (not diagonal from it) so the torch location isn't the issue.

Finally, I DID get one sapling to grow before I increased the room height... I believe there must be a small chance that a miniature spruce tree will grow, which is why I did get one random tree that just happened to be the absolute minimum height for a spruce tree. But all the other spawning attempts must have failed due to the height restriction.

I am always thrilled to see the twerk mechanic in a modpack, because I dislike having to wait for a tree to grow. It's especially important in a modpack like this one, because there's nothing else to do during the first five minutes of play except wait for tree growth. There's no base activities to tend to yet, so we really do need the twerk mechanic.

Last edited:

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I have had the same exact problem in SB1. There was 1 particular playthrough that it took several minutes to twerk a tree and I agree, it is very frustrating.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'd have though it would have been more immersive if the player started in a collapsed mineshaft (providing some initial wood/planks), then when you dig a bit further, opens to a small cavern with some pre-grown trees, handul of grass blocks, lots of coarse dirt, 1 block of glowstone for light, etc. A mini underground biome.

adamich

Jul 29, 2019
I'd have though it would have been more immersive if the player started in a collapsed mineshaft (providing some initial wood/planks), then when you dig a bit further, opens to a small cavern with some pre-grown trees, handul of grass blocks, lots of coarse dirt, 1 block of glowstone for light, etc. A mini underground biome.
And still will have a problem with growning a tree...

Phillip Susi

May 30, 2016
I've noticed the same thing... these days it seems to take a lot of twerking before you even get the bone meal particle effect.

B

BaconsTV

LOL had a similar issue on PO3 Glasslands.. I just blamed it on my boney ass, even gave the sapling full view of my rear end... I guess the silly thing froze with shock and horror :<