Tutorial: Installing GSGL Shaders with the FTB Pack

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
*snip* I'm pulling this down as I have not had the chance to update and test newer versions of optifine and shaders together.

Sorry for the people who have had trouble getting it to work.

Fuubar

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Alot :)
EDIT: Eh, It doesn't work for me.
GL Shader Error 1281

Does optifine ultra work for you without the shader mod? I've tried to chase that error down for someone else (without shaders ) and failed miserably. I'll happily give it another go, but I'm not confident about success.

It seems to be related to either minecraft interpreting your texturepack as the wrong size or a driver issue. Does it give the same error with the default minecraft textures?

NicoAD

Jul 29, 2019
Does optifine ultra work for you without the shader mod? I've tried to chase that error down for someone else (without shaders ) and failed miserably. I'll happily give it another go, but I'm not confident about success.

It seems to be related to either minecraft interpreting your texturepack as the wrong size or a driver issue. Does it give the same error with the default minecraft textures?
Optfine does work without the shaders. I probably need to fix my graphics card.

alely

Jul 29, 2019
I get error 1282

2012-12-28 19:36:42 [INFO] [STDOUT] GL Error 1282: Invalid operation @ProgramFinal
2012-12-28 19:36:42 [INFO] [STDOUT] GL Error 1282: Invalid operation @pre endRender

alely

Jul 29, 2019
Why does it say this
Validation Failed: Link error:
Program is not successfully linked.

alely

Jul 29, 2019
ahh the case of blue death... it seems your graphics card is incapable of running shaders!

Jul 29, 2019
I had shaders running in 1.4.2 Beta Pack A using much the same process. I had to patch the shader mod with some different hooks files to deal with Extra Biomes XL, and patch the texture pack to get it to work in the overworld.

The only problem I had was that mystcraft ages are too bright. Just mystcraft ages. I don't know why that would be the case, but it makes it unplayable. I guess as long as it's the mindcrack pack, without mystcraft, this would actually be worth doing :)

Strubinator

Jul 29, 2019
Know what shader adds the waving grass? I have had much better performance without it in the past, and its just slowing me down.

jocan2003

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm so far i love that, but the only problem i see is the fact that the items in the Barrel now has funny color, IE glowdust doesnt look like glow dust at all. Its like if the lightmap was somewhat *merging* with the color value of the item printed on the barrel. Anybody know how to fix that? Its more an annoyance than a real bug, but if i can get rid of it.

colormessup_zpsea86fafc.png

One right and One down is the redstone wich doesnt look like red at all. Also outside during night... the moon shine as much as the frigging sun....

Feanarang

Jul 29, 2019
Tutorial's great, unfortunately my computer just doesn't have the power to give me more than 5 fps or so. Thanks for taking the time, really appreciate it!

MJRamon

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know what's the problem is exactly. Single player world work good. But whenever I log in to server, I can see for a second the world around, and then I get the error:

Code:
Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Unexpected error

Stacktrace:
    at com.eloraam.redpower.core.ItemExtended.d(ItemExtended.java:33)
    at up.i(Item.java:458)
    at up.l(Item.java:598)
    at ur.r(SourceFile:334)
    at atr.a(GuiIngame.java:406)

Stacktrace:
    at ayp.a(WorldClient.java:440)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.b(Minecraft.java:2401)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:794)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
    at com.eloraam.redpower.core.ItemExtended.d(ItemExtended.java:33)
    at up.i(Item.java:458)
    at up.l(Item.java:598)
    at ur.r(SourceFile:334)
    at atr.a(GuiIngame.java:406)
    at ban.b(EntityRenderer.java:1093)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:882)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:771)

Yes, I can see, that problem is in Red Power 2, but this knowledge does not help...

UPDATE: never mind. It was RP 2 bug. Protip: don't middle click on micro blocks from RP 2. Your world will get corrupted.

Vynlamor

Jul 29, 2019
When I add the shaders core mod into Optifine and add that into FTB the shaders don't do anything in game. If I add Optifine and the Shaders seperatly it starts to work but then crashes the game
Code:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Why is it breaking :(

Time: 27/01/13 11:33
Description: Rendering screen

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at Shaders.setShaderPack(Shaders.java:335)
    at GuiSlotShaders.a(GuiSlotShaders.java:30)
    at aun.a(GuiSlot.java:250)
    at GuiShaders.a(GuiShaders.java:129)
    at ban.b(EntityRenderer.java:1151)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
    at Shaders.setShaderPack(Shaders.java:335)
    at GuiSlotShaders.a(GuiSlotShaders.java:30)
    at aun.a(GuiSlot.java:250)
    at GuiShaders.a(GuiShaders.java:129)

-- Screen render details --
Details:
    Screen name: GuiShaders
    Mouse location: Scaled: (461, 253). Absolute: (922, 520)
    Screen size: Scaled: (960, 514). Absolute: (1920, 1027). Scale factor of 2
Stacktrace:
    at ban.b(EntityRenderer.java:1151)

Rarity

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance there's more information on this? I've followed the directions on many videos, many tutorials, using MultiMC and so forth.. Nothing works. The Shader button appears in game, but picking a shader does nothing.

arox45

Jul 29, 2019
I made a video for the 1.4.7 version it works and the only problem is when its disabled its dark and flickers