Turtle Questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
I have a Solar Treetap Turtle. i went m = peripheral.wrap("left")

Then, when i go in front of a rubber log with resin and do m.attack() it doesn't work.

Help please?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Help please?

Per here: http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/index.php?/topic/4587-cc15mc147-miscperipherals-31/

Treetap Upgrade (IC2 1.110 and up)
Craft a treetap alongside a turtle to get a Treetap Turtle.
When asked to dig, the turtle will use a treetap on a block and put the resulting resin on its inventory.

Try changing that to m.dig(), although I think it may work with a normal turtle.dig(), eh? Try both.

Personally, I dislike tree tapping and just cut down rubberwood trees to get my rubber.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

Is that a "thanks" that it worked, or a "thanks" that you're gonna test? If the latter, go test and tell me, as I'd like to know! I've not had much luck with those crazy miscperfs, mostly as I've found ways around most of them.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure that with a treetap turtle you just need to call the function turtle.dig() while it is in front of a resin spot to extract. Could be wrong though.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard the turtle taps the tree until the resin spot is destroyed anyone know for certain? I've never tried myself. I normally just chop the trees and throw them in a sawmill for that 33% chance at resin.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe it is, I set up a rubber farm with turtles a while back in one of my worlds and to this day it still produces rubber for me like theres no tomorrow. So no, I believe that information is false.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... That might be worth looking into. My designs have the tendency to overrun me with jungle wood planks after a while.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard the turtle taps the tree until the resin spot is destroyed anyone know for certain? I've never tried myself. I normally just chop the trees and throw them in a sawmill for that 33% chance at resin.

Nope, it doesn't destroy the resin hole, but, it can destroy it if it taps it and it hasn't refreshed. The problem is, that there is no way for the turtle to determine if the hole is active or not. I wrote a program to try and tap every side of every log in a tree, it works great, but it eventually "kills" the resin holes if it's run too frequently.

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, it doesn't destroy the resin hole, but, it can destroy it if it taps it and it hasn't refreshed. The problem is, that there is no way for the turtle to determine if the hole is active or not. I wrote a program to try and tap every side of every log in a tree, it works great, but it eventually "kills" the resin holes if it's run too frequently.
Would 20 minutes be long enough?

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
If the chunk was loaded that might be sufficient. Sap replenishment is based on random tick updates though, so you might eventually run out of good spots, but you could always just chop down and replant.