Turtle programming ise or emulator

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

krustykrab

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod/tool/app that allows turtle programming outside of minecraft?

Writing/testing code inside minecraft is a pain.

An emulator for testing would be cool.

thanks

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Not that I know of. But you can edit code outside of minecraft if you go to the "computer" subfolder of your save folder.

krustykrab

Jul 29, 2019
yea. already do that. but you need access to the server and other users would not have that luxury.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You should use pastebin.com to store your programs. Loading the programs in MC is as simple as:
Code:
pastebin get pastebincode programname
Here is an example of one of my codes:
The url to the code is: http://pastebin.com/rjfa4ymR
To load this program ingame all I would have to do then is:
Code:
pastebin get rjfa4ymR energymonitor
The program is then stored on the computer/turtle as "energymonitor" ready to use.

Pastebin even offer LUA highlighting, but only after you save the code. But it is good enough that I actually just program my stuff directly on pastebin.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
just grab a lua interpreter from somewhere and provide dummy implementations for the CC provided API

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
yea. already do that. but you need access to the server and other users would not have that luxury.

Make your program in singleplayer and edit it on your computer. When you are finsih and its working send it to pastebin from MC and log in on the server and download them there

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Dummy as in empty function bodies or do the functions actually do something?
depends, you can use a simulated environment for the complex stuff (following a path with obstacles), but simple stuff just needs empty stubs