Turtle errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jof16s

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having trouble with my turtles. I keep getting some king of 'too long without call' error when using my mining turtle for mining large areas. This also happens when I use code to wait for an event (like a redstone signal) to signal a computer to do something. Thoughts?
I have yet to hear of anyone else getting this and I've seen several of direwolf's videos where he uses the same code without trouble.

Jof16s

Jul 29, 2019
before it waits for a redstone signal put in:
os.PullEvent("redstone")
I don't quite understand. But it doesn't just do it there. The mining program I have (not my own, someone else made it) does it too. I know it's not the program itself as I've seen this error in many different types of code but only on my computer so far. It might be my computer having problems, but I'm not sure.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
what this does is it waits for a redstone update near it for it to continue to the next line, i added it before waiting for a redstone signal and it worked

Jof16s

Jul 29, 2019
what this does is it waits for a redstone update near it for it to continue to the next line, i added it before waiting for a redstone signal and it worked
Cool. I'll remember that next time. but the mining turtle doesn't utilize a redstone signal, so I have no idea why I'm getting the error. It shouldn't be waiting for any event.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
hmm well i have seen this program before so it should work...
I am afraid I won't be able to help you unless I know exactly what line it is or if you've modified it

Jof16s

Jul 29, 2019
hmm well i have seen this program before so it should work...
I am afraid I won't be able to help you unless I know exactly what line it is or if you've modified it
I'll put a turtle in a test world tomorrow and post the error stuff here.
And I haven't modified it at all. Only thing I really did differently is I don't have rednet on it, but it should work.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I'll put a turtle in a test world tomorrow and post the error stuff here.
And I haven't modified it at all. Only thing I really did differently is I don't have rednet on it, but it should work.

by further inspection of the code, it looks like it has to be a wireless turtle to work

Jof16s

Jul 29, 2019
by further inspection of the code, it looks like it has to be a wireless turtle to work
Nope. Even the creator shows that it doesn't have to be wireless (although wireless is preferred)
I'm sticking the turtle in a test world now, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.