Turning generators on and off?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

EdgeOfNothing

Oct 18, 2019
Is there a way to turn generators (e.g. diesel, gas turbine) on and off with either a redstone signal or other mod signal? I would like to buffer my energy so that once I hit less that 50%, the generators will turn on, and they will turn off at about 90-95%. I know how to do redstone in game, but whatever I am doing doesn't seem to affect anything.

Anything that I'm overlooking?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Is there a way to turn generators (e.g. diesel, gas turbine) on and off with either a redstone signal or other mod signal? I would like to buffer my energy so that once I hit less that 50%, the generators will turn on, and they will turn off at about 90-95%. I know how to do redstone in game, but whatever I am doing doesn't seem to affect anything.

Anything that I'm overlooking?
Just checking: are these the GregTech Community Edition generators?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ah, unfortunately I'm not sure whether TR machines have any sensitivity to redstone. The only thing I can suggest is to have the pipes that transport the fuel into the generators be redstone triggered; its not perfect, but it might accomplish what you're after.