Tungsten

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
What do you guys use this stuff for?

Other than a substitute for advanced alloys (very energy expensive substitute) and use in fusion reactors for iridium (if it's continuous production, is it worth it? After the warm up period it'll cost as much as 1 UU-matters worth of energy), what do you guys use this stuff for?

I'm considering having my export bus to my matter fabricator, scapboxes, nikolite and tungsten, unless there is a use for it.

What is hot tungstensteel for?....

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
hot tungstensteel has no use, except force you to use vacuum freeze.
if nothing changed, it was related to supercondensator and superconductor wire.

you can also use it to create tungstensteel and iridium-reinforced tungstensteel blocks for decoration and lulz.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite at the point where I can use iridium for decoration, sadly.

If there really is no point, I am trying to find a way to reduce the clutter in my inventory. Make the best use of all the clutter, instead of recycling it all. Worried about having an overburdened AE system, in regards to my usage. I don't like having so much shit in front of my face you know?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
hot tungstensteel has no use, except force you to use vacuum freeze.
if nothing changed, it was related to supercondensator and superconductor wire.

you can also use it to create tungstensteel and iridium-reinforced tungstensteel blocks for decoration and lulz.

Like this:
2013-07-10_17.31.01.png

2013-07-11_16.22.11.png2013-07-11_16.22.19.png

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I kinda figured. can't you use sunnarium plates in place of those iridium plates? I'm not sure which is more expensive, but the green could be totally awesome. Maybe have it checkerboarded. =D

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I kinda figured. can't you use sunnarium plates in place of those iridium plates? I'm not sure which is more expensive, but the green could be totally awesome. Maybe have it checkerboarded. =D

I'm not so sure. Those covers are made with immibis microblocks and I don't think you can make a sunnarium block. Actually I don't have access to sunnarium at all since we're staying away from solar power in RR.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
I heard you can place plates (those processed by a plate bending machine) ontop of GT machines as covers.

1.) Prevent rain blowing them up
2.) Prevent wires from connecting on that side

I haven't tested either of these because:

(a) I am organized enough to not build outside
(b) I haven't been aware of this

But yeah, that's what I heard. It should have a similar effect as the microblocks, but I am not completely sure at all. I'm just sorta regurgitating what I see on this forum. I don't really have much interest in doing things like this...

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I heard you can place plates (those processed by a plate bending machine) ontop of GT machines as covers.

1.) Prevent rain blowing them up
2.) Prevent wires from connecting on that side

I haven't tested either of these because:

(a) I am organized enough to not build outside
(b) I haven't been aware of this

But yeah, that's what I heard. It should have a similar effect as the microblocks, but I am not completely sure at all. I'm just sorta regurgitating what I see on this forum. I don't really have much interest in doing things like this...

Yeah that's true, though you wouldn't want to waste tungsten on that unless you wanted to make it really metal.
Note: in the discussion of metal plates preventing metal machines from blowing up in the rain, it was suggested that they weren't metal enough and therefore must be made more metal.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
On another note. Manganese in 1.4.7, only use as am amplifier? I'mma just throw all this shit that I can't use, except for in the matter fab into a void pipe and hope it appears in my matter fab, but is not worried if it does... With 15k scrapboxes >_>.

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Tungsten plates can be used in manufacturing advanced alloys. Using them along with aluminium plates gives 6 mixed metal ingots per tungsten. You also use them to make plasma generators if you're squashing small atoms together to make bigger ones for energy production.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm. I might consider that, though I have lots of copper and tin from lava centrifuging.

What about manganese?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Tungsten plates can be used in manufacturing advanced alloys. Using them along with aluminium plates gives 6 mixed metal ingots per tungsten. You also use them to make plasma generators if you're squashing small atoms together to make bigger ones for energy production.

I used the 6x alloy recipe the other day, it's awesome. More metal!

Labhras

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I can tell, manganese's only use is as an amplifier in the matter fabricator.

kenken244

Jul 29, 2019
Manganese can be used to make magnalium, which can be used for cheaper windmills and turbine rotors. tungsten and tungstensteel can be used for the most advanced tools, tier 3 machine casings, turbine rotors, grinder heads, and some of the new multiblock generators.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Manganese can be used to make magnalium, which can be used for cheaper windmills and turbine rotors. tungsten and tungstensteel can be used for the most advanced tools, tier 3 machine casings, turbine rotors, grinder heads, and some of the new multiblock generators.

Incorrect.

You're mixing up magnesium and manganese, which are completely different elements :p