Trying to recover an old tekkit map

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Trying to port an old tekkit map over to FTB Ultimate, but no matter what I try, the world always crashes. If someone could point me at a good spot for free hosting, I'm willing to upload a world save for others to try. My kids did a lot of work on this map when we ran it as a private server, and I'd love to surprise them with it again. I noticed Yogscast was able to port their tekkit server over, but I keep getting "exception in world tick" every single time. I've even tried the old hardcore world trick of recreating the map with the same seed, and copy/pasting in the region and data folders, but that doesn't work either. ANY ideas would be loved and appreciated, thanks.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, so EE2 could be messing with it then? I wonder if I could just load up tekkit in 1.2.5 and delete ee2 from it's mods to get rid of all of the blocks.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
New tactic. I'm going to try to run a version of 1.4.7 with RP2 running (so it doesn't screw my old world's volcanoes and such) and ONLY that. wish me luck. Nothing else has worked so far, lol

Jul 29, 2019
It's not ideal, but if that doesn't work you could try using MCEdit to manually bring over your structures. You'd have to manually re-assign block IDs though, for those that had changed.

(Note: if you end up doing this make sure to grab the Dev build of MC Edit as it has proper Forge ID support)

Maul_Junior

Jul 29, 2019
yeah, it's probably EE2, since EE3 doesn't have.....anything but Philosopher's Stone, and the craftable/limited use version. And Alchemical Bags you can't get legitimately.

But Don't get me wrong. I love my Minium Stone.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
At first, just with the title, I was thinking "Why would you do that?".

But the reasons are actually good, so might give some tips.

First, check what blocks were used in buildings, and what mod they are from.

Select those you want to keep, and go to the config folder. Check all the block/item ID from the configs.

Delete all mods you don't want to use anymore, and run the world.
Be warned that you should keep those that added ores, as much as possible, because it would replace their blocks by air, and potentially give you quite a bit of lag due to Mnecraft rendering a whole lot more blocks (even if not directly on you sight).

Download an instance of FTB (pack you want to play, preferably with mystcraft), and change the config files to match your old block ID (for the mods you want to keep).

From there, you have multiple options, one being to copy your old world to the new server/instance, or try to get it as a mystcraft age. There are tutorials on how to setup an existing world as a mystcraft age around, but I never did it myself, so read about it first.
The advantage of mystcraft is that it lets you have an overworld with all the new stuff, while still having the old world accessible. Don't forget to take a linking book to make everyone able to get back and forth between the worlds.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the tips. Unfortunately nothing I do seems to let that world load, it always closes out or crashes with a rainbow of errors, so I'll give up on that. This does give me the awesome idea of being able to add adventure maps to our home server without having to run it as a lan map though!