Trying to power a Roling Machine.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
The Wiki states that it can be powered by any Buildcraft Engine, so I hooked up 5 Redstone Engines to it and it's not getting power. Walla says that it now takes RF Power? When did this change and how do I power it?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Versions please!

At any rate, in MC 1.7.10 Railcraft now takes RF. But as it happens BC also outputs RF.

Also redstone engines are used only to drive liquid and item extraction pipes and sometimes the pump.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Sorry, FTB Infinity 1.7 (1.10.1) for MC1.7.10. But can it still be powered by Redstone Engines. I've got 5 on it and it's not powering.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, FTB Infinity 1.7 (1.10.1) for MC1.7.10. But can it still be powered by Redstone Engines. I've got 5 on it and it's not powering.

Redstone engines have never (since MC 1.4.7 at least) been "real" buildcraft engines, and are unable to send power via cables, or power anything other than pipes and pumps. So your question is invalid as the redstone engine could NEVER power the rolling machine. For that, use the Combustion or Stirling engine.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Redstone engines have never (since MC 1.4.7 at least) been "real" buildcraft engines, and are unable to send power via cables, or power anything other than pipes and pumps. So your question is invalid as the redstone engine could NEVER power the rolling machine. For that, use the Combustion or Stirling engine.
Redstone engines did use to produce MJ, but VERY low amounts. In their red states they produced only 0.08MJ/t. Problem is however that most machines had a constant standby power draw MUCH higher than that which the Redstone engines could produce, so you could never even get over this "standby draw" to get it to run. But it did work with the BC Pump for example.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019

1. 1.4.7 is hardly never
2. Redstone Engines could send power via the Buildcraft power pipes
3. They could power anything if you had enough of them
4. They could power a rolling machine

To the OP! Just attach it to the conduit supplying your other machines, no need for it's own engine

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Thanks, guys. I figured it out and attached it to Industrialcraft Solar Panels using Power Converters.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I agree with Chris here. I started mods back in 1.4 beta days and powering a rolling machine with redstone engines couldn't be done. It was a Stirling engine minimum even if you stacked them.

Now if op was talking about a BC pump that's a different story.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Back in the day of 1.4.7, I had 5 Redstone Engines attached to a Rolling Machine and it kept it powered.