Trying to open Sky Factory 3 for the first time, game crashes/freezes halfway through the last step

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
B

BlazerTheKid

Title Trying to open Sky Factory 3 for the first time, game crashes/freezes halfway through the last step

Launcher Type Twitch Desktop App

Modpack Sky Factory 3

Modpack version Newest, probably.

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file

Details of the issue Logged into Twitch on the Twitch app, installed SF3 from the mod section and started it up. On the loading screen with the three bars it all goes pretty well until the last step when the game freezes about halfway through. Got told from a tutorial that the recommended maximum memory allocation was 4K mb so I changed it to that from about mid 3k. Also not sure if it's just that what I'm using is fast enough since I'm playing on a laptop, yet it's still fast enough to play with modpacks from the past and can play Overwatch.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BlazerTheKid

Nvm I'm probably don't have enough memory in my laptop or something stupid

Edit: 3.89 GB of RAM available, is that enough to run SF3? Sorry, I don't know shit about what I'm doing.

grandrolf

Global moderator
Team Member
Global Moderator
Trusted User
Aug 29, 2014
sweden
Edit: 3.89 GB of RAM available,

If the total ram on the machine is around 4gb - then no, that's not enough. You'll need at least 4gb for 1.10.2 packs (and later), and also have some to spare for the OS and other applications.

B

BlazerTheKid

If the total ram on the machine is around 4gb - then no, that's not enough. You'll need at least 4gb for 1.10.2 packs (and later), and also have some to spare for the OS and other applications.

Alright, thank you.