Trying to make an Ender Dragon RFTools Dimension.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I just need the Rarity 6 Dimlet, but what other Dimlets should I add? I'm trying for a Flatworld, but I don't know how to make the Dimlets that would make the Dimension a flatworld one. I'm playing the latest Sky Factory 3 Version.

P

Pjc21

Sorry not to sure how to go about making a flatworld, however to start with you would need to modify the "dimensions.cfg" to get any kind of normal world gen as in sky factory 3 it is set to create void worlds only.

Under "Dimension related settings" in the config\rftools\dimensions.cfg you would need to change "B:voidOnly=true" to false.

P

Pjc21

With just the dragon dimlet you may still get random generation of things also, like orbs (big, small, fluid filled), tendrils, canyons, strongholds, etc (just floating in the void). have a look here
The more dimlets added to specify conditions the more you can control what will be generated in the created dimension or a least remove some of the randomness.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
I made one in my test work and only the platform and dragons were spawned. Another question: how do I get rid of Dimension that I don't want in the Dallier? I have a Dimension ID3 that shouldn't be there.

P

Pjc21

yeah it's hard to say what will generate, I've created around 30 dimensions in a row and all void with nothing -then the next day 1st one and got large orbs (finally) which I then used a feature absorber in so I could create a dimension with orbs of diamond, iron & gold.

I think all dimension created have some small bone structures around floor level and dimlet buildings throughout, unless you use dimlet to specify not to create these.

To delete a dimension from the dialer, I use the safedel command - full list here
/rftdim safedel <dimension>
- with dimension being the ID shown in the dialer.

edit: one thing to do to help get different random dimension when looking for certain features is to add digit dimlets, you can then just extract your dimlets and change the digit.

Digit dimlets: use digit dimlets to make new unique worlds using exactly the same dimlets as another world you just created.

Last edited:

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
OK, thanks, But I'm just noticing that there's only one or 2 dragons in this Dimension. Is there any way to increase it?

P

Pjc21

I'm not sure if adding another dragon dimlet will increase (have not tried), I've only ever seen a max of 6 dragons at once but usually only have a max of 4 at once.

If I spend alot of time in the dimension it seems to go up and down from 1 spawning up to 4 over the day/night period.

If you hang around the 0,0 location of the dimension they will all go there trying to do that rest thing they do in the end over the end portal, only 1 can be at 0,0 at a time, so the rest will just hover next to that location waiting to get in. - good place to kill them.

edit: I have also noticed that the dragons at the edge of my view (rendering 16 chunks) will stop moving and be frozen - I think the chunks at the edge of view are no longer loaded as when I move closer the dragons start moving again.