Trying to find Ardite or change Ardite texture

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
J

jeffreystjean

I have spent a little over an hour exploring the Nether (both strip mining and flying) and have yet to find a single Ardite ore.

Either I'm super unlucky or very blind.

Is Ardite ore that hard to find?
If it is, what's an easier easier to find it

If I'm blind, what's an easier way to spot the ore or how can I change the texture of it?
I explored the file structure and came up empty handed.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Ardite Ore looks like this:
upload_2016-2-3_16-25-12.jpeg

So it's pretty hard to find around netherrack.

You may want to change the texture, but I have no idea how to do it.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I use a resource pack that doesnt cover modded textures so I made my own little companion pack to run alongside it which mainly replaces ore textures so they blend in with the stone and netherrack, but also other textures that I find obnoxious. Also worth noting that nowadays you can even replace sound effects with a resource pack so Ive used that method to silence chests and a few other annoying things like rain. Ive been tweaking textures in my game for as long as Ive been playing and its easy. So to answer your question:

You need to create a bunch of subfolders in your resourcepack directory like this:
resourcepacks\16xmods\assets\tinker\textures

You can name the folder whatever you want, in my case I named it 16xmods. Put your replacement textures in that last folder.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I don't really know how to modify a specific block's texture, but I sure understand why you would want to do so in order to find Ardite. It's a very common problem. Even tho I believe they spawn in equal quantities, I always have more Cobalt Ores than Ardite Ores, and it is entirely due to the visibility issue. It's a bit of a shame. My only solution is to make sure my video setting is on "Bright" and not "Moody". That will help you quite a bit, but I agree - if you change the block texture to a brighter yellow, this entire issue will go away.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The texture for the Nether Ardite is in texture packs located at the exact path: "assets\tinker\textures\blocks\nether_ardite.png"
You need to create a zip folder with the file in the same place.

If you are not already using a texture pack and cannot just take the texture from that and modify it, you need to open the Tconstruct-xxxxxx.jar and find the file there(something like WinRAR will do). It is in "assets\tinker\textures\blocks\nether_ardite.png" just like it was for the texture pack.

Do not share whatever you make without permissions from whoever made the original work!

J

jeffreystjean

I went through the Nether again and finally found a few pieces. Still want to change the texture but I almost have an Ender Quarry crafted so I might just set that up.

I use a resource pack that doesnt cover modded textures so I made my own little companion pack to run alongside it which mainly replaces ore textures so they blend in with the stone and netherrack, but also other textures that I find obnoxious. Also worth noting that nowadays you can even replace sound effects with a resource pack so Ive used that method to silence chests and a few other annoying things like rain. Ive been tweaking textures in my game for as long as Ive been playing and its easy. So to answer your question:

You need to create a bunch of subfolders in your resourcepack directory like this:
resourcepacks\16xmods\assets\tinker\textures

You can name the folder whatever you want, in my case I named it 16xmods. Put your replacement textures in that last folder.

Okay I'll try that, I was trying to figure out how to properly structure the files but I had no idea how to. Thanks.

I don't really know how to modify a specific block's texture, but I sure understand why you would want to do so in order to find Ardite. It's a very common problem. Even tho I believe they spawn in equal quantities, I always have more Cobalt Ores than Ardite Ores, and it is entirely due to the visibility issue. It's a bit of a shame. My only solution is to make sure my video setting is on "Bright" and not "Moody". That will help you quite a bit, but I agree - if you change the block texture to a brighter yellow, this entire issue will go away.

I think my settings are changed to that but I seem to always skim over the ardite

The texture for the Nether Ardite is in texture packs located at the exact path: "assets\tinker\textures\blocks\nether_ardite.png"
You need to create a zip folder with the file in the same place.

If you are not already using a texture pack and cannot just take the texture from that and modify it, you need to open the Tconstruct-xxxxxx.jar and find the file there(something like WinRAR will do). It is in "assets\tinker\textures\blocks\nether_ardite.png" just like it was for the texture pack.

Do not share whatever you make without permissions from whoever made the original work!

Okay I'll use that method if Epidema's doesn't work. Thanks.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Okay I'll use that method if Epidema's doesn't work. Thanks.
Ehm, its the same method. I was merely adding some more detailed information about the exact path and how to get the files you need.

J

jeffreystjean

Ehm, its the same method. I was merely adding some more detailed information about the exact path and how to get the files you need.

Oh I thought you meant replace Tinker's Ardite texture instead of making a resource pack

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I also sometimes end up changing textures to make them easier to find, often nether resources in particular.

For ardite I honestly find it simplest to go to the top of the world and drop down a quarry of some sort. Ender quarry works perfect. I was surprised how much ardite I scooped up (I have stacks of the stuff atm)

J

jeffreystjean

What pack are you using?

Infinity

I also sometimes end up changing textures to make them easier to find, often nether resources in particular.

For ardite I honestly find it simplest to go to the top of the world and drop down a quarry of some sort. Ender quarry works perfect. I was surprised how much ardite I scooped up (I have stacks of the stuff atm)

I just finished crafting my first quarry and started running it in the overworld. Now I'm going to do a nether quarry and try to get a bunch

Reactions: Pyure